365 days ago....

Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

365 days ago....

My situation was the same as today, we are haivng the same conversation or lack there of. How sad. I went back and look at my post from June 22nd of last year and just as easily could have written it today! So.....how long am I going to do this......?? I promise myself that 365 days from today I will not be living my life like this. I am going to commit myself to making the changes necessary in my world to make sure if I post on June 22, 2011 that I don't have to claim to be in the same place!! How scary that that much time and hurt have gone on for so long. Someone or many people here always say - if nothing changes, nothing changes AND you only have one life....so here is the realization I needed today to find focus and determination!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is one thing you are going to do tomorrow, to make a change?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This reminds me of a quote by Dr. Phil.

"The only thing worse than being in a bad marriage for ten years, is being in a bad marriage for ten years and one day."

You don't have to wait another year to change. You can start right now.

L
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL Coffee. GMTA.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

A light bulb moment has occured. Make a plan, follow the plan, one small step at a time, review the plan on a regular basis, make adjustments as needed.

365 days from today, if you make a committment to do so, you will be in a new place, a place of peace and comfort.

You can do this,believe in yourself!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oh, I could have written your post! I too am having the same conversations, the same problems. i feel your pain. no advice. just empathy. sometimes all it takes is one lightbulb moment.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I understand where you are coming from mentallyex. Last year was a tough time because my husband was drinking so much. I don't know what made it any different than the other crazy years but I realized that if I didn't do something different then the rest of my life would be just as it was then. A counselor we had been to had said, "Don't keep doing the same thing and expect different results." I kept saying that to myself and finally filed for and was granted a divorce in Jan. Now I'm going to Alanon and doing a lot of reading and working on me.

You'll know what you need to do when you are ready.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A book I read says"we stood at the turning point", so turn, but don't wait too long, cause the moment passes and the drive to change is sometimes lost to the world around us. I make that same committment every morning, to seek and do His will. For me sometimes it's just not drinking or using. If I can do just that, and only that, I'm OK. Good Luck and God Bless