Notices

11 days feeling great but gaining weight why??

Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 days feeling great but gaining weight why??

I don't know why I am gaining I was 128lbs a few weeks ago now I weigh 134. I don't crave sugar. I have always eaten well. salads egg white omlets for breakfast fish chicken just drink water or unsweetened ice tea. This is very frustrating. I wonder if it is my liver detoxing. Has anyone gained weight? I thought the pounds would be coming off. Anyway off to work now feel great!! sleep is so much better I did find something reat at the health food store for anxiety. it's called "Suntheanin L-Theanine" Ithey are chewables ansd after 20 minutes you feel calm as a cucumber and without a bit tired.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I initially lost 5 lbs of weight when I stopped drinking (over the course of 4 or 5 days). Since then I have stayed about the same (I'm on day 9).

Could it be that you are actually gaining weight b/c your eating more nutritious foods compared to when you were drinking? At 128-134lbs, your not overweight by any stretch of the imagination.

The body has a way of deciding what is healthy for it.

My experience/opinions aside, the best person to answer your question would be a doctor.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

L-Theanine is a wonderful product. Theanine is one of the few supplements I have tried that actually worked. Theanine is the ingredient in Green Tea (and other types of tea) that is the relaxing part. Since I had huge anxiety I found Theanine to be very helpful. It's not toxic, habit forming, and works within minutes. I used your product for months, but switched to a quality Green Tea now that I'm calmer.

As far as weight gain, I'm gaining because I have a sweet tooth, and I'm allowing myself to eat more during the early stages of stopping alcohol. I'm at day... Holy Cow, I'm at day 10! Double digits! Whee! Anyway, I'm eating a lot more right now because it makes me feel better.

Maybe you just feel like eating more because you feel better?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think your body will even out eventually....just keep feeding it and flushing out the toxins.

thanks for the tip about theanine, i just checked my melatonin supplement, (Schiff brand).....it's 3mg. of melatonin and 25 mg. of L-theanine....i take 2 around 9PM and get to sleep around 11 each night.