please tell me no....

Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please tell me no....

I want to drink......I have made it this far......... I thought by now I woulh have found the path to my sobriety. .......I hope and prey that the temptationp would pass but it is still there. My fasting and prayers and positive mental attitude's have left me still empty of the feelings that I once remembered Six months of total purity and im still numb. I guess it will soon pass. For all that are still in my position hang in there. Peace
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Android keyboard spelling is tricky..text to speech is tricky.... love you all..peace
Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

How are you? You are not iPhone but Android smart phone. Hope your craving soon off!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ninja, I sure love and believe in TCM and your the culture of the Western world....Wow how do we ever fix it.lol. I guess we will soon follow. With my fasting guidence and a Grandfather that guided me as a child with how the human body can heal itself we will soon find the way to living a long and healthy life.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

As you know, one day at a time. OK? We don't know tomorrow, yesterday either. Stay sober tonight.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mahi,

What are you doing in the way of recovery work? Don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry Lonely or Tired. Take it one day at a time. I have to work at my recovery everyday.

I'm glad to see you posting! Keep on keeping on!

Love,

Lenina
Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Mahi,

What are you doing in the way of recovery work? Don't let yourself get too Hungry, Angry Lonely or Tired. Take it one day at a time. I have to work at my recovery everyday.

I'm glad to see you posting! Keep on keeping on!

Love,

Lenina
I have done a 7 day juice fast. The 3 day water fast was amazing. Since then my diet has been some cooked foods and occasional grass fed beef

So aftergoing tough a detox I wanted to do the best i could do for my body. I ran 5mi every day. I prepared for embarking in any extream measure. Doctors gave me the ok. 25 years of serious alcohol, thc, opioids, and a couple of shroms. during college. I thought that was is mabey that was enough. Well I'm planning on running the Palm Beach Marathon this December. Im still a little fuzzy in my thinking and am having a brain scan By Dr. Amen in the near future. When i was a teenager a had a massave wreck on my bycycle as a 13yr, so mabey thais is why my recovery is taking longer than expected. My research has showm me that the brain can heal itself with the proper state of minf and nutrition. I will keep at it and if there is any insite you can foward me please do/

Peace And Love Mahi.........
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well im guess im giving in,dont know what to do to feel right again. thanls for all of your support.

Mahi
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

mahi,

are you still with us??

have you posted on the newcomers to recovery forum?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MahiMahi View Post
Im still a little fuzzy in my thinking and am having a brain scan By Dr. Amen in the near future. When i was a teenager a had a massave wreck on my bycycle as a 13yr, so mabey thais is why my recovery is taking longer than expected.
Dr. Amen is a huge advocate of neurofeedback and so am I. You are in great hands! TBI's, even mild ones, can impact life in negative ways if they don't heal properly. They can even lead to addiction. There's a place in Jupiter, FL called the Center for Brain Training and I wouldn't be surprised if he refers you to them, or a similar place.

Hang in there, OK? I know you want to feel better right now, but it's right around the corner. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers
Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Exclamation please tell me no...

Hi MahiMahi,

The same thing happened to me when I was 9 months sober...I fought my urges by taking my shoes off then putting them on again several times. Then thought of throwing my furniture out the livingroom window...then gave in & went over to Safeway & bought a six pack of beer.

I drank one beer & decided to rearrange my furniture instead of throwing it outside. I had opened the second beer when my phone rang & a friend was calling because I was supposed to be at his house for dinner.

It didn't seem very long before he was pulling into my driveway...he took one look at me & called Mental Health & the on-call person came out to make an assessment of me. I was hospitalized that evening for a ten day stay. I learned a lot more about myself.

While I was in the Emotional Health Unit I was re-diagnosed for my depression by a psychiatrist + took an arm-load of tests like the MMPI & he told me I was one of the most depressed persons he had treated in a long time. He put me on a theraputic level of antidepressant & in a week or so I was feeling better.

For some reason I did not have cravings to drink after that so have had a long recovery going to AA & taking my meds for depression that are at a maintenance level now.

I also get so much out of belonging to Sober Recovery. People here are so willing to help anyone that cries out. This is a serious illness that if not brought into recovery can lead to death.

I haven't heard of what you are using but might learn something new from you. My husband & I are retired & have lived a very chaotic life but are into a new phase of life & enjoying it. I wish you much luck. I used the Serenity Prayer in my hard times as well as in my daily life. It helps me get grounded again and back into the One Day at a Time.

kelsh
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope you are ok