Notices

i want to stop

Old 06-20-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i want to stop

Drinking has messed up so many things for me. It shames me to say i'm not even 21 yet..a year and a half to go...anyway..i started drinking when i was about 16. It was never a every day or every weekend thing for me, just every now and then. but i'd drink so much that i can't even lift my head up without feeling like i'm dying. I was raped the first time i got really drunk, so you would think that i would have learned my lesson and not do it anymore. After that happened i told myself i wouldn't get drunk and more. but i still end up going to a friends house and i'll give in and say i'm only have one or two drinks but that never works and i end up drinking more. Now i'm not the type of person to do drugs, but one time i got so drunk and these people had a blunt and i took a few hits from it and all i'm going to say is wow, that was a horrible night. The last time i drank, two nights ago. I didn't really plan on drinking because i didn't eat anything that day. well i ended up taking ALOT of shots in a very short amount of time. I've never felt that drunk before and i never want to feel like that again. I was in the bathroom throwing up for at least 4 hours. i couldn't walk to my bed because i seriously felt like i was dying. My friends helped me to my bed though. when i woke up i threw up again. that lasted all day plus the next day. I'm worried that if i can't control my self that its going to get worse. I don't know what to do. i just get so tempted.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi XoXnicholeXoX

Posting regularly here helped me - have you thought of anything else that might help you with support? AA or some other recovery group, counselling, inpatient or outpatient rehab?

D
Old 06-20-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

XOX,

Hi! Welcome to SR! I'm happy to see you reaching out for help so early on! You don't have to keep suffering or keep on having these bad experiences.

Is it possible to get some professional help? You've been through a traumatic experience. It's important to get some help as soon as you can. You might call a Rape Crisis line. They can help you deal with assault.

It couldn't hurt for you to check out AA. It's free and has a good program to quit drinking.

Keep posting and reading. There's lots of support and great advice here.

Love,

Lenina
Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Nichole, it's horrible that you've been through such a traumatic experience. I don't even know where to begin with that, but I hope you're able to work through the pain it's caused you.

10 years ago, when I was 19, I would tell myself that drinking would lead to something bad. But sure enough, I'd be at a friend's house, and the drinking would commence, and I would go along. Against my better judgment. Empty stomach. In pain for days.

I wish that I had paid attention to the warning signs then. Might have saved 10 years of my life that I lost to alcohol.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I think you should be proud that you got yourself here. I wish I had done the same when I was your age. I don't have any answers for you, but I would encourage you to look around this site - there are lots of resources and people here to listen. It does sound like alcohol has been a problem, so maybe the best solution is to get rid of the alcohol if you can't control it. A sober life can be a really happy life.

Welcome!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you've come to the right place nichole. the people here and great and very supportive. i remember when i was trying to go sober for a while this place would keep me going strong just nice to pop in each night knowing that people know what you are going through and listen and support no matter how old you are and what walk of life.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow i really wasn't expecting anyone to reply, but thanks so much for the support. I am glad that i came here early..
Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

It will get worse Nichole.

I'm glad you came to SR. It's a Great Start. Welcome!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by XoXnicholeXoX View Post
wow i really wasn't expecting anyone to reply, but thanks so much for the support. I am glad that i came here early..
Welcome Nichole.... that was going to be my daughters name but we had a Nicholas instead. LOL I dont know if this helps but I'm almost envious I dont know if I could drink enough to make me sick anymore....heck I dont even get hangovers anymore.......going to kick this I am not giving up! They have the coolest people here.....not one ounce of hate. Peace,Lazyboy
Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Nicole! I'm glad to hear you're addressing your problem now, because there are so many dangers to be had from binge drinking. The first time I got really drunk, a girl at the party was taken away by ambulance. She had alcohol poisoning and I'm not sure how long she was in the hospital. When we're drinking we just never think of things like that, you know?

I hope you'll stick around, read and post. It's really helped me stay sober!