Notices

The Breakfast Club - was 'Day 7'

Old 06-19-2010, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Breakfast Club - was 'Day 7'

Morning all. I've started a new thread as the other one was getting a bit long.

Day 7 today for me. Feeling well, had no withdrawals and have slept reasonably well. Did have a bit of a nasty dream about my 3 yr old grandson being kidnapped, but I managed to wake myself up before it got too scary! Not as yet had any cravings for alcohol, but early days yet! I thank God for you lot on here.

H spoke to me this morning! He said 'I am going to bed!" He has slept on the sofa downstairs since last Fri! I just said 'o.k'. Going to try and talk to him again today.

Anyway, I think it's about time we started the breakfast club again, I'll make it tomorrow, full English I think and lots of tea, especially seeing as according to the news this morning, it is good for the heart!

Hope you all have a good day and remember 'It's just for today!'

G.xx

Last edited by Dee74; 07-01-2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: change title by request
Old 06-19-2010, 02:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

I think sleep is most important for early sobriety period. We have to walk and exercise a bit to get good sleep. Have a nice day!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ninja7 View Post
I think sleep is most important for early sobriety period. We have to walk and exercise a bit to get good sleep. Have a nice day!
Sleep is good! what time is it there in Japan? It's 2 am here.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Morning Grace, glad u got a few words out of H, better than nothing at all. Well done on Day 7 and getting through Friday. I am glad all is going better. Ninja, we behind you for next match, Japan to win! Breakfast Club, can't remember, when I had a nice full English Breakfast, the best i have done is pancakes! See ya tomorrow all. Hugs xxx
Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((mf150))
18:24 here. You are 15 hrs behind us. Have a nice sleep!

((mamm))
Thank you mamm! I know Holland is very tough team.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning All and a lovely sunny one it is too! Bit of a sad start the day as sons G.friend and baby have gone back to Madrid this morning. it was a tearfull goodbye. dont know how long it will be before I see the baby again. I didn't want to come into work today, but here I am.

On the plus side I am on day 9 and doing o.k. V tired this morning. Slept very heavy and overslept which isn't like me at all. I'm not usually the worlds best sleeper and on the very day I wanted to be up extra early to do big goodbyes and have extra cuddles I go and sleep!! Perhaps it was meant to be that way. Goodbyes are never good!

A special message for you, my good friend Mamm. Your prayers seem to have worked! Will f.b you from home this evening if I get chance. Many thanksXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anyway, who's turn is it for breakfast and what are we having?

Gxx
Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning Grace, sometimes we just sleep because our bodies just need to catch up. I think its my turn, how about bacon and eggs, toast, coffee/tea and orange juice! Have an awesome day, GOD never fails! love and hugs xxx
Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, Grace!

You are really doing well. I am sorry for your goodbye to your friend. I have never happen any emotional event like goodbye without alcohol during my drunk days. You are doing very well. I have never heard great sleeper became alcoholic. Most of the alcoholics sleep with a little help from alcohol every night. Anyway have a good day!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning Grace, trust all went well last night. Hope to hear from you today. So Ninja is it your turn to make breakfast, I have a pot of tea for Grace and a lovely brewed pot of coffee for the rest who like a strong coffee. I wish you all an awesome, fun filled day. Hugs xxxx

"Wait for the LORD be strong and take heart, and wait for the LORD"
Psalm 27 v 14

Where the LORD is there is always light.

"YOU O LORD keep my lamp burning my GOD turns my darkness into light.."
Psalm 18 v 28

Even though you may feel hopelessly ensnared in your crises, the LORD, will save you from all your distress and anxiety.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

..dear grace...

..glad you are doing fine.. Ozy...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well Done

Well done Grace I think you have done amazing not to pick up a drink. Wish I could do it too :-(
I have been on here everyday reading peoples posts but feel like such a failure I havent written for a while. Here you all are, actually sober and theres me still not capable of getting past the first day. I keep asking myself how I did those 8 days sober? And I cant remember, even though it was only a month ago.
I feel pysically bad at the moment - every day. If I could just do one day to escape the hangover, I think this may be what I need to get me on the ladder.
I am drinking a bottle and a half of wine a day at the moment. How much were you drinking Grace? And how difficult was day 1 for you?xxx
Old 06-22-2010, 02:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Almay, im so glad to see u posting again, maybe u trying to hard or perhaps u really need to make a plan with yourself, perhaps go away for a week end just u, to clear your head, maybe without all the external pressures u will do better? have u spoken to your partner yet? You can do this Almay, you just need to wrap your mind around NOT being able to, YOU CAN!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I havent told him no. I know I should but not sure how. I seriously am going to put everything into today. Just for today.xx
Old 06-22-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey there everyone!

I didn't realise you were all still/back on here posting as I hadn't checked it for a while :-) Glad to see everyone on here and that Grace is still going strong - good on ye girl!!!
(Hope you got my private message last week?) Thanks Mamm for getting me back here as I missed our wee forum :-)

Nothing new on this side - quite busy workwise and have big BBQ on Saturday night at our house so getting organised for that too! Weather was dismal and rainy here yesterday but lovely and warm today and heading for 30° at the weekend :-)!

Other than that Mum is keeping well and waiting to see her Oncologist in a couple of weeks to discuss the radio-theraphy, etc. She still has a lot of pain and needs to rest quite a lot which I suppose it normal after what she's been through.

135 days sober today and feeling stronger as the weeks go by. I had a couple of family events at the weekend and was happy with my diet coke and water - plus I felt like a million dollars the morning after :-)

How are you guys doing? Mamm I suppose you're getting ready to support your team this afternoon? I can tell you that the whole of Ireland will be behind you as it would be a GREAT result to knock the French out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about you Ninja? Getting ready for the big match on Thursday? You guys have been doing great! I'm sure it'll be a tight match and I'll be hoping for Japan to come out on top :-)!

Well I'm heading for lunch shortly - so big hugs to you all and will be in touch very soon.

Almath
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Day 10 today. I am really busy in work today so have to be quick. Mamm forgot to say, enjoyed breakfast yesterday. Back to the weetabix and yoghurt this morn. V busy last night sorting things out after my visitors had left. Will try and email you all later.

Almay, I've been thinking about you loads and will also email you later. Take care. Eventually you will do this!!Big hugs and just keep reading and posting.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Grace

We're both on day 10. Well done!

Best wishes

Spikeman.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Grace and Spikeman can't believe its day 10 already, well done! Almath so pleased u could join us, missed having u around. Yes our big match starts in an hour, I really hope SA comes through, they really need it! MF150 & OZ, thanks for all your support and encouragement! Ninja what u been up to? Almay all u have to do is concentrate on today, TODAY is the first day of the rest of your life, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a promise, do it now! , have a wonderful blessed day. Hugs xx
Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Spikeman. Well done to you too. How's it going? I'll race you to day 20!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Deal!