Notices

Laugh or You'll Cry!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Laugh or You'll Cry!

I come from a family of "black humourists" and I've always relied on my sense of humour to get me through the worst times - though a lot of people misunderstand and see this as insensitivity.

I had a little moment before not a real laugh-out loud, I just smiled to myself.

I was in the local shop looking at the soft drinks and again feeling mad that there are hardly any that I like. Then I noticed they had started selling Shloer fizzy grape juice which I LOVE! I looked at the price and thought "£2.10?? That's way too expensive" and was about to walk away when I remembered that up until seven days ago I would, on a nightly basis, purchase either a £4 bottle of wine or £7 bottle of Cava from the same store (having usually been to the pub after work with friends for a swift couple at £3.50 each). Struck me as a little funny. Funny like hemorrhoids.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awakening...

I get what you mean PizzaChef. I can't believe I pay $1.59 for sparkling water when I would suck down pricey microbrews every weekend.
I once spent $86 on a Spanish wine!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

I smile too when I watch people dig in and throw a $1 in to the basket at a meeting.... are you kidding?? with what I'm saving I could put $100 in each time and still be ahead..
Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notnormal View Post
i smile too when i watch people dig in and throw a $1 in to the basket at a meeting.... Are you kidding?? With what i'm saving i could put $100 in each time and still be ahead..
lolz
Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As a wine drinker, I would go through two bottles a night and never bought bottles that cost less than about $10 because I wanted to pretend I still had some class (nothing says classy like guzzling wine at home by yourself!). I need to find something fun to use that extra money on...

GG
Old 06-18-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I love everyone's stories! I can relate to wanting to have a "little class" TwelveSteps! haha. I also figured maybe I would only get a bad (instead of severe) headache for a couple extra bucks......geez.

At one point I started wondering how I could use all those pretty bottles, even make some money from them. I can just see me working with glass while intoxicated - yikes!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TwelveSteps View Post
As a wine drinker, I would go through two bottles a night and never bought bottles that cost less than about $10 because I wanted to pretend I still had some class (nothing says classy like guzzling wine at home by yourself!). I need to find something fun to use that extra money on...

GG
That's why I used to drink Cava! Champagne wasn't in the budget but Cava is so much classier than wine. And I drank it out of a large pink flute! Never mind that the things I said to the other half when drunk were cruel, vile, intimidating and uncalled for, I was one classy bird with my girly glass and fizz. He's a lucky guy ha ha ha!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hear you guys on the make beleive Class thing, would try to buy a decent pinot noir..
for a few quid extra..and often tried to stick with over £5 a bottle grog...with the view also that the hangover would be less severe...and i too begrudge payin £2 for a bottle for shloer...though i am pushin the boat out on some quality organic Teas...and spendin a few pence more...well you gotta treat yourself right..