Notices

17 days

Old 06-17-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

17 days

17 days sober tommorow I feel good very good this is it remind myself dont get to confident this demon wil get you when you least expect it still get cravings but ride them out with Gods help not on my own ,.on my own I will cave but with GOD as my helper and Jesus all things are possible.Had a good day today went fishing cut the grass spent time with a friend and then my daughter and grandaughter no one knows whats going on in my life although my wife noticed and commented yesterday that I hadnt had a beer for two weeks.Also yesterday went for lunch with a friend and he asked me what do you want to drink beer or wine felt good when I told him oh I dont drink.Dont mean to ramble but expressing myself on SR keeps me focused.Tks for your support.....................jo
Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey Jo - 17 days is really great! Those cravings aren't pleasant, but I'm finding they do go away pretty quickly. At least we don't have to deal with them constantly anymore! Sounds like you have a deep faith, which really helps get through those rough times. Keep up the good work and keep posting!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

17 days

Yeh thats me usualy when I get some time in and the cravings subside thats when I get cocky and think hey see you dont have a problem six pack on a Saturday whats wrong with that and just like that the problem starts my brain says well get six tall cans and keep two for Sunday,but wait you like to drink out of the bottle so get twelve bottles six Saturday six Sunday.How stupid is that arguing with yourself.Then the guilt starts so may as well drink Monday and on and on and on.Not at all cocky this time something different I had a relapse and I am now saying to myself just dont drink today and also praying for help.I only have enough strength for today tommorow is another day.Must say cravings are a lot better and my BP has drpped to 108 over 75 and feeling good.I CHOOSE NOT TO DRINK TODAY.............
Old 06-18-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 17 days.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!! congrats!!!! whoo hooo