A Happy Post (for a change)

Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking A Happy Post (for a change)

A while back I made a post about how frustrated I was with the financial burdens my husband's addiction caused. Tomorrow he will be clean 18 wks , and we are doing well. But paying the bills has been really discouraging.

I made a post on here about it, and as usual got some great advice & encouragement. I took the advice, and spoke with my husband about it, & didn't protect him from the bad news about money. I also prayed that somehow we could get some extra money.

And then He answered the prayer yesterday. I usually only get a shift here and there (I am a home care nurse). I was offered 11 shifts yesterday. I took every one of them. And I was also offered 8 more shifts for next month. Thank God. If we do our part- He will do the rest.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Christen. It is nice to read a good post. Keep up the good work and hugs to you and hubby...Smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-17-2010, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's awesome how, when we pray on it and do out part, that our needs are provided. For me, the answer has not always been what I hoped for, but hindsight has shown me that God's plan for me has always been exactly what I needed.

I've been through good times and bad times, financially, in my life, and strangely my happiness has rarely been directly connected to how much money I had or didn't have. Sure, it's good to have "enough" to pay bills and take care of my responsibilities, but sometimes the hard times have taken me on a detour that put me on a better path. Funny how life works that way.

So embrace the opportunity with gratitude, sometimes God's gifts come strangely wrapped.

Hugs