so sad about my doggie:(

Old 06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

so sad about my doggie:(

our eldest dog, priscilla is deathly ill. a fews weeks ago she hemmoraged and I rushed her to the er in the middle of the night,she was diagnosed with cancer. she is 16, so I know this happens, but its crushing me. she was my rock ,always by my side from day one. when I was ill she never,never left my side and still is there for me. I have not told my ah. I feel it will only cause more drama with us and also to be honest I feel since he abandoned us and chose his pills over everything, then why should he be involved? he left, he didnt care about me or our dogs. I am by her side feeding her baby food, but I know the end is near. He called today to put some money under doormat (for his health ins) and in the message he was very angry (I demanded this month that he pay the whole thing) as I have been paying for everything. A part of me feels bad though because this was his love too, but again, I just dont see why I should knowing he will get crazy on me and I dont want him here as that is a boundry I have set. I guess I should just go with my gut instinct? on a cuter note, I have 3 other dogs and I think you all will find their names funny...Lisa Marie, Presley and Aaron ..these are times when
things hit you emotionally and you want to reach out, but deep down inside I just know it wouldnt be good to do. Im considering a letter to him with her picture when she passes, or not say anything..would it really matter at this point? any thoughts?
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I lost my Toby last July and I know how very sad it is to part with our fur babies. I'm still not "over it" and am amazed how hard his death was for me.

So big hugs for you and Priscilla, may she feel your love as she gets ready to go to that big dog park Anvilhead mentioned (I love that, by the way).

One day the pain and sadness of her death will be replaced by smiles at the memories of better times.

And I agree, now is the time to take care of yourself and your beloved Priscilla and the heck with anyone who tries to occupy your thoughts.

Hugs
Old 06-15-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Awww, so sorry. I lost my Bandit last year at age 18, I grieved, I still miss him.

She, like Bandit, will have her angel wings, and, now she will watch over you from afar.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. I know how difficult it is to lose a furbaby. Sending prayers your way.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl

I lost my baby on January 1st of this year, so I feel your pain...he would have been 16 on March 19th... I still miss him; he was with me through thick and thin! I am sorry you have to go through this pain...I know how much you can love an animal...and I loved my "Shorty" sooooo much! I think you need to do what you need to do...enjoy these days with your Priscilla and don't be concerned with AH...there will be other days for that....instead focus on your baby and enjoy your time with her...!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
it is what it is

I certainly agree with focusing on your baby right now - she needs you, not drama - i lost my dog, Chase, to cancer to two years ago - being able to actually help our loved ones when they are in pain is a comfort - that is not a situation we find ourselves in with the addicts in our lives usually so give your all to her right now
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Our little ones, being our pets teach us although their lives
are short they are truly dedicated and unconditional every
day of their lives. I often envy their love for us as their every
breath is honest and true.. surely HP has a special place for them
to wait for us.
Enjoy each moment you can as this is "your time" and only you
can capture this for a life memory that will hold you together even
after she is gone.
I also miss my girls, this is the first time in 30 some years we
haven't shared our home with a furry friend..

lauren
Old 06-16-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
work in progress

I'm so sorry you are going through this with your baby...and if I could HUG you right now, I would.

You may be feeling a bit vulnerable right now with what is going on with Priscilla...remember to take good care of you too. Surround yourself with good friends and let Him be Him.

Day at a time, you'll know what to do when the time comes.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So sorry that you and Priscilla are at this point in her life. Right now she needs her Mom to be there for her, and that's exactly what she's getting and she is feeling your love. She will always be with you.

It's been 3 years for me since my furbaby passed, I miss him terribly, but he still sings with me in the car Aint No Mountain High Enough - he could really hit those woo woo notes! Hoping he meets Priscilla at the Dog Park when it's her time!

Many hugs to you! Take care of yourself too!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs but no words, all I have are tears right now.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dogs are so awesome, don't care if u gain 5 lbs (or50) waht u make, just unconditional love.We had to put our dog down 6 years ago and I STILL cry for him..do wat u need to do to stay healty and keep your recovery on track..that is the most impoartant thing
Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tam

thank you everyone for your kind words they mean alot to me and thank you for this forum, truly dont know what I would have done without learning recovery
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh darling, what a terrible story. My husband is also a pill addict. And I sympathize with you so much because through it all my dog has been my rock & my best friend. I think you are making the right decision to not allow your husband in to the house (even considering the circumstances). I think you're right that it will cause drama. And you don't need to deal with more drama & take care of your dying dog at the same time. I doubt your husband will understand... but maybe he'll understand some day. My heart goes out to you. I hope your dog isn't in pain, & I hope you find comfort with your other dogs. I imagine if your dog is 16, it had a good long life. I wish you the best. I'm so sorry.