Notices

Second Times a Charm?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second Times a Charm?

Hello Out There,

This is my second attempt at getting sober within this past year. My story is a long one so I will not bore you all with that just yet. Anyways to make a long story short, my first go round I was not doing it for myself... this time is different. I am realizing the affect my drinking is having on my life... sabotaging relationships, my health, my ambitions... the list goes on and on. I can no longer enjoy any activity without it involving alcohol... not even spending time with my closest friends and family. I am thinking about drinking on my way to work at 6 oclock in the morning and am deeply terrified by this. I am scared, feeling alone, and helpless... I havent mustered up enough courage to attend an AA meeting so I figured this would be the next best place to start.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Yes, you will find support here on SR- It sounds like you know it's time to quit! You're not alone- many people deal with alcoholism and alcohol related problems. Keep posting, and good luck with AA! Glad you're here
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Congrats on your decision. I encourage you to use whatever means you can to follow through with sobriety. AA worked for me but I know there are many different programs that are out there. If one doesn't work for you then please try another, sobriety is well worth it.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome!