help Meeeeeeee

Old 10-11-2003, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy help Meeeeeeee

well where do i start, my husband has been hooked on lortabs for the past 2 years on and off. i bust him he stops for a couple of months. then he is back to his games again. i really think this is killing or marrige. i'm so pissed at him, i don't understand how he could do this to us. as i speak he is sobbering up to try to stop again. he went to the methadone clinic for week and now he is going to detox off i guess that. he is going to use clodine to help him. he is been on the couch all day and really crabby. i feel like don't be mean to us because of your problem. i know it is a disease but i can not help to be so mad. some one just help me tell me something to do please
Old 10-11-2003, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Heathea

You will find many others here who have been where you are and who will share their experience, strength and hope with you.

Make yourself comfortable and take a read around, particularly the "powerposts" at the top of Al-Anon and Nar-Anon and you will get a feeling for what this is all about.

Sadly, you cannot change your husband, but you can work a recovery program for yourself that will help you regain your balance and your sanity again. It you haven't been to a live Nar-Anon or Al-Anon or CoDA meeting, please do yourself a huge favour and try it. It could save your life - I know it saved mine.

And please feel free to share here as often as you like. We all walk this journey together and I am happy to have you join us.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-11-2003, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Heathea,

I ditto everything Ann said. Welcome to the forums. Take care of you.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-11-2003, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sdp

It's ok to feel mad- it's a natural feeling- he goes off and does what he does, then lays on the couch to recover. Meanwhile, you are the one who has to keep everything running.

Listen to the advice above and take it to heart.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

now here i am sitting here crying thinking god thank you for sending me angles
Old 10-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I am reading a book, Codependence No More and right now I am reading about anger.

That is something you can do right away, tomorrow, get some of the books. A library would have them. I got mine on the cheap on ebay. I used half.com which is more private, your buying record just says you bought a book. Good advice here at the forum, it will really help.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

half.com is awesome! I like it also because you don't have to bid, you can just look, purcase and here it comes in the mail. good prices too.

I have to say, books are the monkey on my back. I love to buy and read books. In fact I think I will go to half.com right now and get some more.

Yay!!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Welcome Heathea. There is SO much wisdom and strength here. I also recommend face to face mtgs along with good stuff to read.

Keep coming back!

Hugs
O59
Old 10-12-2003, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Heathea Welcome,

If you want good healthy anwsers to your recovery from the family disease of additions you've come to the right place....

Because we've all been there and we all are looking for a healthier way of living....I highly suggest that you try some meetings, they are there just for you....as the people on this site...

Keep coming back!

Love and prayers from one who cares,