Notices

Day 4

Old 06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Wow, what a ride!! I would have to agree with all of you who said days 2+3 are the pits. For me, Day 3 was horrific. I was sooooooo close to tromping my alcoholic self down to my little "wine cellar" and uncorking one.

I went from being totally anxiety ridden to completely down in the dumps depressed...WAY depressed, all in the matter of about 45 minutes.

But I am too much of a stubborn bu**head to give in to this addiction so I hopped on SR, my saviour, and read about withdrawal peaking 48-72 hours after stopping, that what I was experiencing was normal and yes, it would indeed pass.

That comforted me to no end and gave me new conviction to hang in there. I did a TON of chores last night, finally collapsed at midnight and slept like a baby until 9 am.

I made it through another day, thanks to all of you and awoke to a better day.

(Yet another) heartfelt thanks to my SR family!!

PS My mild experience has made me so aware and humbled by the battles so many of you have fought and continue to fight every day. I offer whatever I can to help, as you have all helped me.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I accomplished more in my first 10 days of sobriety than I did in the previous 3 months.

It was soothing to me to have a clean(er) house....folding clothes from the dryer instead of wearing them, scrubbing off the grit on the microwave, shopping for good groceries...watching TV and remembering the shows (at that time olympics were on).

I discovered a peaceful early AM instead of laying around feeling like death warmed over at noon, when I could pour another drink ane start all over again.

congrats on your energy and strong resolve....
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You sound like you are doing really well and taking it all in stride. Good work!!!!!!!