Notices

Wow total 360 turn around!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow total 360 turn around!

Yesterday I was feeling pretty down and out, and I just prayed to my higher power that I'd feel better. I'm still dealing with some issues but their just issues.
I'm slowly trying to give myself the space to grow for the better.
I'm super exited and nervous to celebrate my year looking forward to it for sure.
I just want to let any new comers know to keep coming back and know that your worth it. I still struggle with feeling like I deserve to be happy.
If I'm feeling down like I have in this last week I just have to know that it will pass and only good has to come of it.
Yay for sobriety!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's what I try and remind myself. Drinking will not make issues go away, and it is better to face them and deal with them sober.

Thank you for your post.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Kat))) - just went back and read your latest post (I'd missed it)) - SOOO good to see you, and WAY TO GO on coming up on a year!!! I'd always heard emotions run high around "anniversary times" so don't be surprised if it happens..I expected it, and it never really bothered me much. Somehow, knowing others have been through it and thinking "yep, coming up on a year (or 18 months, or whatever)...took the power of the emotions away.

I also understand the struggle with feeling like you deserve to be happy, as I, too, am a codie, but working on that I CAN say that you are soooo right...we are ALL worth recovery. It's great to live a life that we actually think about what we're doing, take others into consideration, and don't have to worry about a slew of bad consequences coming up, later on down the road, to bite us in the butt!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

''My grace is suffient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'' - 2 Co. 12 v 9 - HP cares for you deeply, ''But he who stands firm to the end, will be saved'' - Math. 10 v 22 - ''..even there your hand will guide me, YOUR right hand will hold me fast'' - Ps. 139 v 10. Hugs & Blessings
Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

I often say the phrase "This too shall pass" ....and it does.

Well done on your year.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your sober time Kat...and that July one year date is closing in fast!

D
Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I think it's common to have those kinds of feelings when you near an anniversary.

And, a year! A YEAR. Awwwwwwwwesome!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
A friend of mine told me that a month before your year everything starts changing really fast, and it sure has, for the better too.
I've slowly been feeling better about myself. I still have up and downs but for the most part I've been trying to like myself and tell myself I'm worth it because if I don't I'm only risking myself for a relapse.
This month is sure going fast and just thinking about the day gives me butterflies.
I'm sure it will be fine I just want to be able to say something meaningful and helpful for the new comer and come away feeling like I've done a good job or that people get an idea of who I am and what my expectations of myself are lol hard to explain.
I guess when you've been so quiet for a year and are known for not sharing much at all you'd want to make some sort of mark.
Again I'm sure it will be great.