Notices

Grandaughter

Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grandaughter

I am finished day 5 sober had a relapse but learned from it and moved on.Funny thing had to go and get a blood pressure monitor fitted when on it has a length of tubing that looks like a catheter or a colostamy bag.I actualy went into a beer store wearing this thing how insane is that .When I came out my wee grandaughter said grampa does that sighn say beer store now she can read I had to lie to her.I realy am quite pathetic.I remember a day when I did not obsess over getting my first drink but those days will never come back its all or nothing now.I also dont want to end up a chronic relapser.Support here great never judgmental.Drinking definatly destroys all rational thinking going into a beer store with a rubber hose hanging from you I must be one beer short of a six pack if you will pardon the pun.I am not a stupid person if you knew me I seem realy normal good grampa go to church good marriage daughter who I love.One fatal flaw I am an alcoholic good at hiding it but its there the cravings the obsessing guilt anger etc etc.Day six tommorow not confident but by the grace of God will make it through.To all hang in there together we can beat this and claim our lives back.........jo:
Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Jo,
As far as fighting this, I have to differ. It won, I lost, I'm powerless over that! I don't have to drink today, and that's all I got. After a while, the obsession will leave, but for that to happen I needed support. I hooked up with AA and found a bunch of guys just like me. I haven't had to have a drink in over 2041 days and all I did to start was ask for help. Good Luck and God Bless. PS. I have 2 wonderful Grandchildren who have never seen their grampa drunk, and by my hard work and God's Grace they never will.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry Brucel your right I am powerless over this addiction That is why I say only by the grace of God can I make it thru another day sober bad choice of words on my part a bit giddy getting thru day 5 sorry again ................jo