Notices

4 days sober

Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days sober

Hi everyone

Well, I'm 4 days sober from both alcohol and valium. I've been keeping busy at work and cleaning the car and walking. I don't have so much of a problem in the week as I'm usually too busy and don't go out socially.

I'm worried about the weekend coming up though especially Saturday as everyone drinks on a Saturday. Just have to really stay strong and constantly remind myself of the guilt, anxiety and depression it causes me.

Best wishes to all.

Spikeman.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on your good start...everyone has a first weekend...you might try keeping yourself busy and how about "celebrating" by treating yourself to a movie or whatever other activity you enjoy.

my first weekend i spent organizing my house and cleaning (not fun but satisfying)...I bought real food and cooked...something i had not done in months.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I am fine during the week, but weekends are a challenge, starting with Fridays. I am nearly up to four weeks now and keep myself busy as much as possible at weekends. You are doing well, halfway to your first week. Keep posting on here too as much as you can over the weekend and you'll get lots of positive support and feedback. xx
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4! This early on it can be really tough.

For my first sober week I planned out the weekend before hand - set out to paint a room, redecorate my studio, e.t.c... anything to keep my mind far away from the possibility of drinking.

Like Fandy said, try something you haven't done since forever - something that booze kept you from tackling. When you complete a task like this it gives your sober mind a nudge that there's a whole heap of reasons you should remain that way and not get pi$$ed anymore.

It helps, believe me.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four days sober!! Keep occupied this weekend and keep in mind all your reasons for staying sober. Maybe print out and hang up the reasons listed in the first post of the thread "why don't you drink anymore" and read it a lot.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...k-anymore.html
Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ha! Brilliant to hear this Spike. Nice one.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go Spike