Notices

Scared

Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared

I've been to the breaking point several times before... I've been without home, family, and friends many times before. I've been to rehab, detox, and meetings repeatedly.

But right now I'm scared. Right now I feel a fear that rivals nothing I've ever felt before. My DOC is ice although I'm told I should include H given that I use it in the same amounts I use ice.

I don't know what to do. I'm completely and utterly at a loss. I want help, but I don't know where to go or what to do. I'm currently drinking. I'm drinking my 3rd glass of wine... which is equivalent to finishing the last of the 1.5L bottle. I feel as if this is a good thing, because 2 bottles is my norm when I do drink. But I do not even particularly care for drinking, just when I start I just keep on.

I've been drinking, so I hope this thread is coherent.

I need help. Suggestions, comments, advice, lectures... Can anyone one here assist me?

I'm scared.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eureka

My advice is do whatever you need to do to get help and break the cycle - even if it's stuff you've done before - whatever you do, it's better than what you've been doing to yourself.

I remember in my last days I'd been drinking and drugging for so long I had very little grasp on which way was up.

The only way to effect a change, to break the cycle, and to get back a proper perspective is to stop drinking and drugging - and it sounds to me like you need outside help with that right now.

Go to a Dr or the ER, then to whatever you can think of to break the cycle and get some clean and sober time - rehab, meetings, counselling - whatever you have available to you that you can hit right now Eureka.

D
Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Eureka,

I'm very sorry that you are feeling this way. Well done on getting your post up.

Drinking is likely to make things seem worse than they really are.

If you really want to get sober then a programme of treatment might well be good idea. It often takes several attempts before something really sticks.

There are a lot of people with much more knowledge than me on the forum, so I'll just say: If you want to get sober you can, and this site is full of people who understand what you are going through.

This too will pass, my friend.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi eureka I just wanted to welcome you & wish you the best in your recovery.

I found that when I started to put as much care & effort into my recovery as I did my addictions & taking care of all of the problems that my addicions caused I was able to get a good start on recovery.

Stick around SR & keep sharing/reading, there are lots of people who understand were you are coming from here.

Take Care,

NB
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Eureka, I agree with Dee, just cause those things didn't work in the past doesn't mean they won't work now. That gift of desperation is what I needed to finally follow thru with some of the suggestions given to me in the past. I hope you run with this and find recovery. We've been waiting for you. God Bless
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hey Eureka. I didn't know this site existed when I got sober but I wouldn't have used it (odds are). I didn't think it was "that bad" when I wasn't drinking and when I was, I sure as heck wouldn't think about stopping.

Face to face worked for me. If you call the NA hotline in your area: http://www.na.org/?ID=phoneline they can speak to you over the phone or maybe even get someone out to sit with you or meet you somewhere. It's a GREAT resource that a lot of people don't avail themselves of.

Best of luck to you

Mike