Notices

Hi, I'm a newbie

Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm a newbie

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this online thing but i really feel i need some support. I'm addicted to pain pills--well actually any pill that makes me feel better--ive been in rehab once and lasted sober for a few months---my mom just lost her job today, im having some family issues, things are rough--im going to see me doctor tomorrow
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Welcome! Best of luck. Most everyone needs at least a few time for it to work. A lot of great people with meaningful experience here. I went through a phase where, because of a broken collar bone, I briefly mixed my prescribed vicoprophen with Steele reserve (loved it at the time). Sucked when I Ran out and had to make due with regular Tylenol for the las couple of weeks. Do you have a plan to try something different this time?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome! Glad you're seeing a doctor. Be very honest about your addiction issues, you don't have to live like that again..
Old 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to our recovery family! We're glad you're here! :ghug3 Do take a look at our substance abuse forum. Lots of good info and support there.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gallery007

Please do be totally honest and open with your doctor. It's a good first step in tackling the problem.

Welcome to SR~!
D
Old 06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

welcome gallery! Congratulations on making the decision to get clean. Things really can get better from here, so hang in there and take it a day at a time. I'm sorry to hear about your family problems, but as you know, continuing in our addiction just makes it all worse.

That's great that you're seeing your doctor. Hope to see you around!:day6
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there so I'm going to the doc in about 20 minutes...I'm going to be very honest because life is too short to live it like this..addiction is a disease and I don't want to be ashamed to admin that I have it. He is a really wonderful doctor so I trust him and don't feel too scared (well maybe a lil) but it has to be done. At the same time I'm dealing with an alcoholic mom who just lost her job but one problem at a time right?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gallery, I am so glad that you feel you can talk honestly with your dr.

That will be a good first step in your recovery.

And, yes, focus on yourself first and your own recovery.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Saw my doctor and he was wonderful and supportive. He set me up with a therapist and really made the only thing seem less terrifying. He said he sees it every day and there's no shame in coming to a doctor to ask for help for a legit problem. Something about a medical professional knowing makes me feel better.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ok...random question but how do i get my picture to show up when i post a thread?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

least--what kind of dog do you have? I have a Jack Terrier Russell named Joey--he's the love of my life (besides my hubby of course!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((Gallery)) - You can go under profile to get your picture into your avatar. I used photobucket and chose "avatar" size, but it's been a while and I think I had to try it a few times to get it to work.

I'm SO glad you went to your dr. and got support. So many people are afraid to tell their dr., but don't realize that most doctor's see this a lot and generally WANT to help people, but can't do it if they don't know the truth.

Sorry about your mom and HER problems, but you're right..you need to deal with YOUR stuff and let her deal with hers.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Impurrfect--I figured out the picture thing and thought everyone would just love seeing my poor (male) dog, Joey, dressed up as Mrs. Clause (it was my husband's idea just fyi)