Let go by sending a birthday card

Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
today4me

Let go by sending a birthday card

Update for everyone as I will not label my thread NC -12 weeks. Rather "Let Go". It happened in an unexpected way through the simple mailing of a christian birthday card indicating God take care of her on her birthday and everyday afterword. It just left, gone - vanished. I love her, but only through God's love now. It bothered me at first actually as I lost the connection I had with her through deep and meaningful prayers to God of her. I experienced very moving answers to my prayers at one point even that it frightened me. God can answer prayers - if you are righteous and believe your prayer will be answered.

I have now spent the last two weeks more focused on myself and have changed the dial on the radio station even. I seem upbeat, spirited and have even asked a woman out for a lunch date that God placed in a chair next to me at a pool! Surprised and will walk slowly.

Looking back now I see a pattern though. It is complete immaturity and drama. It also involves selfishness and low self esteem. The relationship did not involve the word - compassionate. I made a list of the five things desired in life from a partner for life. One of those was compassionate - I will seek it.

So, I know I have been defensive at times to some of you and I apologize. The advice was so-so from all of you. The stories or posts were thee most important. Just saying it like it is! I could relate to other's experiences the most and understand the disease I was facing. In the end it was only about me not standing up for myself that I regret the most. Otherwise, I had not part of the path chosed by her that involves.....well, I call it a road, not a path. A road that has blacktop, fancy signs, other cars, etc. My path is lonely but very straight-forward and easy to navigate. I just get tired and frustrated as it is a long, long path.

God Bless you everyone! I will periodically check in.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TPEN! Wonderful news. I love that you made a choice for you and you alone. Let God lead you and you will go to many great places!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tpen,

sounds like you are healing. It takes time to let go. It is appropriate to feel down when you separate from someone you care about and spent time with and probably made plans with for the future.

You are lucky to have another chance to find someone who will appreciate you and share your faith on common ground. I wish you well! Happy sailing! Keep us posted. This was a tough time for you but you survived and you always will. You have a great heart and a lot to give to someone.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
today4me

Thanks you two! Friendship first! Time does heal and I am so happy. With happiness however comes complacency in not being as strong in the Word. That is my aim now - to continue growing in love with the Lord.