Notices

thanks

Old 06-06-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thanks

but screw me- i am fed up with this **** i dont want pity or anything. this is completely stupid. i will not waste your time. to all that have (and there are many- and you are awesome by the way) given me support- thanks from the bottom of my heart.
its me now. not sure whats next but i guess i will calm down at some point. took a shower after being sober for nearly a week (i did shower every day for the ocd people- which i am) and i feel a little better. sorry to bother you with my weakness.
Dub
Old 06-06-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Dubs)))

It's not weakness, it's active disease. Unless we take action, the disease remains active and sabotages our recovery intentions.

When we are detoxing and in the first part of getting our body's chemistry back to normal, we will feel irritable, cranky, spacey and have mood swings.

It's important to eat right, to get light exercise and focus on what it takes to recover. Recovery is far more than not just drinking or using. It's about changing our way of thinking.

You're NOT hopeless! Look around this forum! There's a lot of recovery going on here! But it does take work and commitment on our part. Don't give up. It does get better.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 06-06-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was thinking about you about 30 min ago. I guess I will tell you what I was thinking of saying next time. You should start saying Screw Addiction.

I had a pretty boring day. Addiction is screwed though for another day.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grumpy! Grumpy! Grumpy!

Dub

I hope maybe this will make sense... I hate cutting the grass this tiime of year. Hot and humid. I could get up real early to cut the grass. Give up sleep to do something I don't like... Um...

Anyway getting started sucks and about 1/2 way down the road part of it looks better. 3/4 done and it looks pretty good and now I know why I'm cutting the grass.

When I'm done I'm tired and well.. ready to spend the next 3 days watching TV indoors..

After the shower I look outside and the lawn is so pretty I almost forget about the crappy part of cutting the thing,,, BUT it was/is worth every drop of sweat and effort.

That is how my early days of soberiety were. Things get better but not at the snap of fingers. Many others have taken the path. It is the path we are scared to take that will save us, the path of faith.

Hang in there!
AG
Old 06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Nice analogy, and nice post, AG.

Rev
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

singin' to the choir Dub.....change it up and get out of your funk....we all wake up and put one foot in front of the other..../some days are better than others....

some days really suck and some days we see hope.

you have some blessings that others do not...don't waste them.