Just Happy

Old 06-04-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Just Happy

Guys, despite being broke, overweight, needing to move and a tons of other potential problems, I pretty freaking happy. In general.

I"ve been in therapy for about two months, we're knocking out some long time issues I thought I'd be saddled with for life.

I daily practice some things that also are adding to the general state of happiness: detachment with love, focusing on myself, learned acceptance, good eating habits, regular exercise and prayer. My AH can't push my buttons. Neither can my kids, rude customer service associates or the freaking oil spill.

There's not much that can mess with my serenity, when I work the program.

And-it's summer. I have SAD so this is important.

Is anyone else here? Realizing you've worked hard and have made life affirming changes?

If not, keep working. It'll come.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Oh yes, absolutely. I have my moments, but overall I'm millions of miles away from that dark prison I was in when I finally left my AH.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

me too! I love being in my garden in the sunshine with my cats (I have SAD too). I don't have much cash, I have debts to clear etc. etc but yeah, life is so much better than it was even this time last year. I think the word I'm looking for is content.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Bobby McFerrin approves of this thread!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is wonderful!! Thanks for the hope today!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

if i may chip in here, yes being skint,workin hard and still being skint, i went to the bank yesterday,as i thought i was like $3.00, £2, overdrawn, so hastily legged it to the bank...just before..2.30 deadline,only to find i was £50,overdrawn,well i didnt have cash to put in to cover,as i only got paid today,
well 2 standing orders bounced,and one unpaid check..with a smug look on her face,the tender tells me,i will be charged,in total £120,..eqiuv of $180, i could have screamed!!!! i cried instead..there was no negotiations,they would buy no hard luck story..of how i had just paid off my
motoring offence..and in 12 hours my wage would be in...im terribly sorry sir,but the computer automatically applies the charges,and we can not take them of....pass the buck...why dont you...anyhows guess i gotta take it on the chin... this time...no point cryin over spilt milk as they say..well after picked our 3yr old up an took her the park..had a nice couple of hours unwindin an enjoyin the sun....an hey 40 days sober..the upside.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

so good to hear from you, transformie, and your state of happiness.

keep givin me hope, ok??
Old 06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by Kerbcrawler View Post
if i may chip in here, yes being skint,workin hard and still being skint, i went to the bank yesterday,as i thought i was like $3.00, £2, overdrawn, so hastily legged it to the bank...just before..2.30 deadline,only to find i was £50,overdrawn,well i didnt have cash to put in to cover,as i only got paid today,
well 2 standing orders bounced,and one unpaid check..with a smug look on her face,the tender tells me,i will be charged,in total £120,..eqiuv of $180, i could have screamed!!!! i cried instead..there was no negotiations,they would buy no hard luck story..of how i had just paid off my
motoring offence..and in 12 hours my wage would be in...im terribly sorry sir,but the computer automatically applies the charges,and we can not take them of....pass the buck...why dont you...anyhows guess i gotta take it on the chin... this time...no point cryin over spilt milk as they say..well after picked our 3yr old up an took her the park..had a nice couple of hours unwindin an enjoyin the sun....an hey 40 days sober..the upside.
Smile, Laugh, and enjoy life my friend! I have been there, one reason I have left Bank of America to different bank.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sun is shining, birds are tweeting, and my youngest just phoned to say that she is coming to give my unit a clean up as of Friday, and I can sit and give her orders for 3 days.

Have spent last 2 weeks helping RABF go for tests etc at doctors and hospital, as well as me with pre-op checks, and have foot surgery on Tuesday....OH Happy DAY.

RABF has colonoscopy and endoscopy to face the week after, and feels afraid and bewildered. Reckons he was healthier when he was drunk and smoking 100 cigarettes a day, as he has been nothing but exhausted, or in toilet since WE quit smoking nearly 4 months ago.

As for me, the arthritis in my right knee has me near screaming at times, but I am hoping when the left foot is ok to walk on at last, my knee may recover.

Anyway, I have my brain still functioning, live in a comfortable unit, enjoy my friends, tap away on the keyboard, my dear mum still alive and living it up, and a God who loves me.......WHAT MORE COULD I WANT?

God bless
Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No Contact is HEAVENLY!

Since my divorce in February this year... It has been WONDERFUL!!!

No arguments
No gut wrenching uh-oh's
No smelling dope
No sleeping with one eye open

instead I have...

Roses, gardenia's, day lilies and cutting wood
Sunshine with occasional rain
Kitty-cats purring
New business venture
Thankful to God for his many blessings
Thankful for SR

...and for once it's ALL ABOUT ME!

Sometimes I need to pinch myself
Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for putting things in perspective...sometimes,well quite often...(money sucks)there are far more important matters...of having health,and enjoying the nature around, and seeing children happy playing,...without being bogged down with money troubles.. im ruing for the day, when the monetary system crashes...an we all go back to the bartering system..like my few spuds for your half dozen eggs...my labour,for your labour,etc..i can see this in the non too distant future happenin...back to basics,simplify life..and eliminate so much strife and struggle...money one of the roots of all evil...
just ventin...tx all..good day..the best things in life are Free..hehe..
Old 06-05-2010, 11:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am broke as hell but also having a good time !

Cats purr

Supernoisy neighbors? I leave all afternoon. Solved.

My laptop ded but am using a spare one.

Have to work at 7 AM on Sunday and most of the day but I will try to do my best job possible and keep up a good attitude! and take lots of breaks.

Last week I was super ill and still am, but I now see how I needed a break from job, diet, exercise, cleaning house, EVERYTHING! and am grateful for my health coming back.

I got a cat in between the laptop and me. Purr purrrr

My family is healthy and alive

I got no alcoholics as close ones or family and I feel blessed I am out of the insanity.

Things are WAY better with my boyfriend

I was still able to pay my rent

And now its 2 AM, midnight snack, watching Warner channel-

We CAN be ok in the midst of it all
Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I too feel happy today.

The sun is shining. I just put fresh sheets on the bed which dried outside on the clothesline in the sunshine! Cleaned all morning and the house smells fresh. My little dog is goofy and makes me laugh. Family is happy and healthy.

I am grateful that the insanity of alcoholism is no longer part of my life. I can FEEL again; I can appreciate the little things in life that feel good!

Thanks to my HP and to SR!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for a great post. I hope to one day be where you are!