Feeling really sad, overwhelmed and clueless today...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling really sad, overwhelmed and clueless today...

I'm really tired, so that is probably my problem, but I'm just feeling really sad and overwhelmed about my life today. I am grieving the life that I really wanted and dreamed for and for the life that I don't have now, even though it wasn't the best. I feel clueless as how to live a healthy life. I just want to be at peace and be ok with life and not feel so many burdens There is so much I have to do and so many steps I have to take that it is hard to even begin. I know that I need to take one day at a time and just pray and keep going, just having one of those days.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by praiseHim View Post
I'm really tired, so that is probably my problem, but I'm just feeling really sad and overwhelmed about my life today. I am grieving the life that I really wanted and dreamed for and for the life that I don't have now, even though it wasn't the best. I feel clueless as how to live a healthy life. I just want to be at peace and be ok with life and not feel so many burdens There is so much I have to do and so many steps I have to take that it is hard to even begin. I know that I need to take one day at a time and just pray and keep going, just having one of those days.
keep your chin up! We all have those days! /hugs
Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm right with you, Praise. We have to just keep keepin on.

Reviewing the detachment post, and seeing that I have indeed made progress has helped me today.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"I feel clueless as how to live a healthy life." --- Instead of, "one day at a time" how about one small step at a time!

Eat a piece of fruit!

I can relate to your feelings.. about the life I wanted. I realized, even if I got my so-called desired life, I'd still be miserable. I'm not sure what yours entails, but mine was family and kids. Had I acheived that, my unmet emotional needs would still exist, only making that life, so much harder!

Try and challenege each thought, with something positive, and see where it leads you!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenny1232 View Post
Had I acheived that, my unmet emotional needs would still exist, only making that life, so much harder!
So true!

Eat a piece of fruit!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Along with eating a piece of fruit. If the weather is nice, and you have the time, take a walk. It helps to make you feel better as well.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by praiseHim View Post
I'm really tired, so that is probably my problem, but I'm just feeling really sad and overwhelmed about my life today. .
((((PH))))

In recovery, there is an anacronym for triggers. (feelings that can push us into reaction instead of response)

H = hungry
A = angry
L = lonely
T = tired

You stated that you are tired.
When I am tired, it can cause me to react to situations with self-pity and frustration. If I don't listen to my body's signals of fatigue, I will not give healthy responses to situations.

Instead of reacting in HALT, I try the three A's of recovery:
Acknowledge
Accept
Action

I try to acknowledge my body is tired.
Accept that tired is normal and can be treated.
Then I take action to get the rest my body desires.

The result is that I am rested and can make better decisions. Giving myself time to recover is a precious gift. I think I am worth it.

Grieving is an exhausting process. Give yourself time. I agree with the tip to eat fruit. During the grieving process, eating healthy (even when you are too sad to try) can help your body recover from the process.

Take care of you. You are worth the effort!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Your here! I say every day "something good is going to happen to me today!" and if it doesn't I say it again the next day. This way each day I have hope; even when I feel down.

Hang in there... We are here for you!

Prayers & Hugs,
Nan
Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
((((PH))))

In recovery, there is an anacronym for triggers. (feelings that can push us into reaction instead of response)

H = hungry
A = angry
L = lonely
T = tired

You stated that you are tired.
When I am tired, it can cause me to react to situations with self-pity and frustration. If I don't listen to my body's signals of fatigue, I will not give healthy responses to situations.

Instead of reacting in HALT, I try the three A's of recovery:
Acknowledge
Accept
Action

I try to acknowledge my body is tired.
Accept that tired is normal and can be treated.
Then I take action to get the rest my body desires.

The result is that I am rested and can make better decisions. Giving myself time to recover is a precious gift. I think I am worth it.

Grieving is an exhausting process. Give yourself time. I agree with the tip to eat fruit. During the grieving process, eating healthy (even when you are too sad to try) can help your body recover from the process.

Take care of you. You are worth the effort!
THank you for this, this totally makes sense.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I totally feel you.
To let go of my marriage means to let go of the dream with my husband. The kids, the home, the life...
but I keep reminding myself that that dream is just a dream and is not REAL. What is real is not fun and comfortable. What is real is very tough and not looking to improve.

So, I go a day at a time. Right now, what is there to do? What can I do to take care of myself right now? What brings me joy? What can I appreciate? What do I want to be? Who do I want to be? Where do I want to be?

Those questions get me focused and excited about possibilities of goodness waiting in the world for me.

Then I look at the practical issues of how to move forward.
I CAN have what I dream. It just may not be with my husband.

Grieving is healthy, so kudos to you for being present to the sadness.
I am there with you.

Hugs,
Peace
Old 06-05-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i know it's sounds trite, but what helps me refocus is to come up with a Gratitude List....for all the riches and plenty i DO have in my life already. ever watch Antique Roadshow? people have stuff that was sitting in the garage or the attic FOR YEARS and one day they haul it out and find out how much VALUE that long forgotten old thing was! i think our lives are like that....
I actually started a blog in Feb. after someone suggested that I write down at least 2 things I'm grateful for everyday. It does make a world of difference.