here we go again

Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

here we go again

well, it's back on the roller coaster for me I guess,
My wonderful son..........

I new it was coming. He couldn't just stay clean on his own, the only time he stayed clean was when he went to meetings. And what is it with being in denial, he thinks he can hide his past from everyone or that everyone that knows and loves him can or will just forget that he is an addict.
Well he has surgery on his mouth tomorrow (just an office visit thing on his gums to get it ready for his new cap) so after the visit I am telling him to call and get in rehab or get out. I never thought I would actually throw him out but now I understand why people do. I always thought we could deal with anything together but he is getting too used to me helping all the time.
Yesterday he got high and nodded on some step somewhere and someone robbed him of his cell phone right out of his hand (good for him, serves him right).
I am so angry that he couldn't keep the sober time going. But of course, "I don't understand" "it's not about you,mom, it's my problem and I have to deal with it my way". Well hows that working so far jacka**.

I need an escape but responsibilities won't let me.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi rahsue, I'm so sorry your going through this again. Just doesn't seem fair that it goes on and on. But, this time you sound like you've had enough and have made up your mind about what will be. So, I'm sending strength and some positive thoughts your way......and a cyber hug from Fredonia to Pa....hang in there and don't be such a stranger. Miss talking to you.. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I need an escape but responsibilities won't let me.
Maybe plan something for just a couple of days on a weekend, visit an old friend or family or just get away by yourself. Amazing what a couple of days with nature can do.

I'm sorry his saga continue, I know your pain, and I promise you that it will get better for you. Once we reach our "enough" point and let go, it's easier not to grab on again.

Hugs
Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Rashue))) - I'm sorry I DO think you're right...he's gotten too comfortable. Time for him to find out some of the consequences of using aren't so fun. Having to find a place to live, not have mom & dad providing shelter/food/laundry facilities, etc. make things a bit (okay, a LOT) more complicated. It DOES make a big difference.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the "how's that working for you jacka$$" line...good recovery going on for YOU!!!...or at least MY recovery includes a bit of anger to get me to move into action!

Big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

My thoughts and prayers are with you

((HUGS))
Old 06-04-2010, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

Well done Rahsue. It is funny how one day you just know enough is enough, isn;t it?