Notices

Still hanging...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still hanging...

Hey peeps
i finally went to bed last night and actually slept 5-6 hrs somehow. woke up with nausea again...what the crap. I had some toast since i have eaten virtually nothing for 3 days.
anyway- today i have anxiety still, and just can't shake it. head feels 'tight' or something. My will is strong but i feel that monster trying to get back in.
Hope you all have a good day- I may just lay around and watch movies or something...not sure.
Catch you later
Dub
Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hang on Dub, be strong. You know this discomfort will end soon and you'll be feeling much better. Just don't give in to the monster inside you, the addict voice.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

you can do it Dubya..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I realize you are not feeling well at all, but is there any reason you're not attending AA? I thought you said that had helped before.

My own will never kept me sober.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This too shall pass.
You have so much to offer this world. I'm new here, but have gotten stregth from you're previous posts.

Peace
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I realize you are not feeling well at all, but is there any reason you're not attending AA? I thought you said that had helped before.

My own will never kept me sober.
Thanks Freedom
I will definitely be going to AA. Right now I am not in the condition to go- its been approx 3 days. However if i feel better tomorrow i will go, i just do not want to go in there in the crazy anxious state that i am in right now. But I certainly will- already have the times set that i will be going.
Thanks again
Dub
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Dub.

I've been reading your posts for a while now and I wish you the best. This addiction sucks, doesn't it.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there Dubs, we are here!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Dub,

You alcohol addicted, yet deprived, brain has one belief - Alcohol = feel better, so it will do everything it can to get you to give you some more of the drug that it needs.

I am glad you are hanging in there but why not make it easier and go to a meeting or two today? It will help pass the time and you will get some support to get through this and you know that the long term solution to staying sober is there. You've got nothing to lose.
Take care
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by intention View Post
Hi Dub,

You alcohol addicted, yet deprived, brain has one belief - Alcohol = feel better, so it will do everything it can to get you to give you some more of the drug that it needs.

I am glad you are hanging in there but why not make it easier and go to a meeting or two today? It will help pass the time and you will get some support to get through this and you know that the long term solution to staying sober is there. You've got nothing to lose.
Take care
Maybe i will if i feel any better at all. I am not sure i need to be driving at least right now, i would flip out at the smallest thing- at least it feels that way.
thanks- good points
Dub
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi Dub,

It's a good idea not to drive right now but there are plenty of people in AA who arrive in that anxious state you are in.

If you really do need the distraction today, perhaps someone could drive you or you could call someone in AA - they would come and pick you up. People in AA do that all the time. You would be doing someone else a favour by letting them help you.

Keep in touch
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Dub)))

Do you have anyone who could drive you to an AA meeting? Or could you take a cab? I bet someone from the meeting would be able to give you a ride home.

Take care of you! Remember to take the B vitamins, they help me a lot. And eat some bananas! You might try some Gin Seng for energy. Gator Aid is good for hydration. I like plain yogurt with honey too.

You will feel better soon. Keep posting and keep reading. You will feel better soon!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to your posting Dub. The first days are rough. I was just puking and puking, no energy and still had massive anxiety. Over days the anxiety calmed down and of course the puking subsided.

I didn't go out at all maybe until like day 2 and that was just to take my dog running. I felt like I was death warmed over. But each day I got more and more of me back.

Do yourself a favor and force yourself into a nice shower and get cleaned up. That is what I did and I felt better even though I was having a panic attack.....it helped me feel refreshed and I forced myself to get out. Even small runs to the store for gatorade or simple supplies helped me break up the day.

Here is to another sober day friend!!! So proud of you Dub!! Keep it going man!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Dub. whatever you may or may not choose to do make sure that you do not drink any alcohol!!!! Period. Just remember that crucial part of the deal.

Hang in there dude!!

Increase The Peace
Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hey
i had a bowl of ramen noodles- even though i wasnt hungry (i hardly ever eat those- but they are good- and my family loves them...a discovery maybe.) Then decided to roll the dice and work out on my bike pretty hard, ended up around 70 minutes (inside on a trainer)- hard to believe i used to race 3 years ago....the workout helped! I was sweating like crazy but it was awesome. Then took dogs for a walk at venice walkway- its around 70 and pretty nice. They loved it- and made me feel good.
Back at home- the endorphins from the workout and walk are wearing off...still a bit shaky now. Feel like a corner may be turned hopefully/maybe. Goal tonight is to eat to get some protein and vegetables to get vitamins in my system, feel like that is what my body is asking. maybe take a nap.
anyway- catch you all later. you mean the world to me with your support, not sure what i would do without you.
Dub
Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great Dub! Yeah.....I am blessed to have SR. If you read some of my early posts....I was posting while have these nasty panic attacks. SR....was there and helped me feel real....like people got what I was going through.

I found that each day I had a more and more little breakthroughs. Moments where I actually felt really good and said - I can do this.

Man it only gets better and for me since alcohol towards the end of my drinking just induced non stop anxiety/panic attacks so to have a moment of calm made me feel like exploding with joy.

Its been a trip Dub and I been following for a while. Keep it going. I love reading about sobriety from my SR pals. You and others just make me day
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your progress Dub
I hope you'll start to feel better from here on in

D