Notices

Day 6 a little harder than Day 5

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 a little harder than Day 5

Hi everyone,

Made it to Day 6 - Having a bit of a rollercoaster day. The hot and cold sweats are back and my emotions are all over the place. Almost spontaneously cried for no reason this morning and going through intense waves of anxiety and fear.

They have eased up at the moment though and I'm starting to feel a little better. ONe thing is for sure however - I will NOT drink today!! I am certain of that and I am reminding myself how far I have come. For me, 6 days without alcohol and NOT being in detox or rehab is nothing short of a miracle. Today I want sobriety and recovery more than anything I have ever wanted and one minute at a time I am getting there.

Off to lunch with my Mother now (who has never had a drink in her life) to a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol and can't wait to have a good meal and visit.

Have a great day everyone - Thanks for all of your support!!!

Steven

Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Stephen,

Those first couple of weeks can be difficult but it does get a little better every day. You have a really good mindset, taking things one minute at a time.

Best of luck
Old 06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

There will be good days and bad days, but any day without a drink is better than the alternative. Just take today as it comes, and tell yourself that when your head hits the pillow tonight, no alcohol will have touched your lips. Then tomorrow, do the same thing. Great job on making it to Day 6. Man, I remember on that first day, Day 6 seemed like forever away. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Steven,

Great job on making it to 6 days! The first few weeks are definitely a strange place. You have got it right, though: take it one day at a time, and scale it down to taking even one minute at a time when needed. Hang out here at SR, find face to face support in your area, and keep your eye on the prize! Sobriety isn't always easy, but it is always worth it.

Great job on day 6!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing well Steven

D
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hang in there, you're doing great and it's obvious how committed you are. Hope you have a great meal and visit with your mom! I'm finding that it's really nice to enjoy food again, after drinking so many of my dinners......
Congrats on day 6!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It will get better as time passes, but there will still be bad days. I'm learning how to deal with adversity without drinking and it's worth the effort. Congrats on your sober time and here's to many more sober days, one day at a time.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Hang in there. But don't try to do it alone. Are you working on a program of recovery? This helped me a lot during the early days, weeks, and months.