Always Chaos

Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Always Chaos

AS has not been welcome in our home for months. Sat nite at 2:00 am I awaken to him standing at my bed. Always chaos! Turns out he got in a fight with someone and they hit him across the leg with a bar stool. His leg was swollen and the kneecap dislocated. Not sure if he was high again or drinking?
Anyhow there is a cab outside that needs to be paid. AS wanted me to take him to the hospital I said " no " I paid the cab driver to take him. Cant believe he was in the house. Of all nights my spouse forgot to lock the front door. The first thing that went through my head was he was looking for my purse. I felt sick and could not get back to sleep that nite.What was he thinking to come to our home when he knows he is not welcome.
Our daughter is getting married and we are having a engagement party this weekend at home with a large group of people. Again he will not be there my daughter and her boyfriend do not want him there. I pray one day he sees what this addiction has done. He has burned his bridges with everyone and yet still makes excuses never his fault. Such a joyous family event, yet part of me is sad he wont be there. How crazy is that?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, Katie!! How horrible for you!!!! I would totally freak out if my son did that! Glad you just paid the taxi to send him on and didn't get involved. What a mess.

Try to get some extra rest today -- sounds like you're going to need it! ((HUGS))
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

katie, I don't think its crazy at all. We, as moms~ want our families together and happy. I have lived through so many holidays and family events where my son never showed up that it made me so sad....but~~ we learn to push forward and accept the thinhs we have too. Have fun and try to enjoy. I feel badly for your son but maybe he will wake up. Who knows but it isn't your problem. The pain and hurt that you feel are but hopefully you can put it all on the back burner for the week-end and enjoy yourself....smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry he did that - you handled it perfectly. Enjoy your party.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry too, Katie, and I know how hard this is but you are doing all the healthy right things.

I'd have a serious conversation with your spouse though, he left you in a very dangerous position. I'm glad you are not hurt physically.

Hugs
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can totaly relate to the mixed emotions.. I miss my AD, but when around her become deppressed and can't wait to get away! Maybe there will be a time when our kids will be back in the fold, but for now we can't let them ruin yet one more holiday, celebration, etc. I just keep hoping..which is completely against my nature, but alanon showed me the arrogance of my thinking I know how things will turn out!