Divorce??

Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce??

SO...this morning was rough. He was here and was angry about a bill etc. Then it escalated, I will admit I didn't help the situation - I let his words get to me and got angry. He ended up screaming at me telling me I was the cause of all his problems, and his biggest mistake was marrying me. He then told me to leave him alone or he would punch me straight in the face...then looked at my 18 month old who came to the door and told her he was going to punch me in the face. Then started screaming I hate you 10-20 times. I was sobbing by that time.
He packed, he left, he came back and said he is ready to file for divorce. I said ok, we talked briefly and he left again. I think I'm done now....I contacted my best friend who is a lawyer a little while ago.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry

This is the beginning of the path to serenity for you AND your children. June 1st. Not a bad day to start.

We are here for you. Let us know what you need. ((((HUGS)))
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about the pain you are going through. I know how difficult that much be...

I agree with tjp... this guy seems incredibly insecure and immature. I wish I could offer words of advice, but I'm stuck. I'm really sorry...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you have to go through this.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear mentally...I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I'm glad you've come to the realization that you're ready to move on.
*hugs*
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mentallyexh View Post
told me to leave him alone or he would punch me straight in the face...then looked at my 18 month old who came to the door and told her he was going to punch me in the face.
This just makes me want to cry. No child should have to witness that, let alone a baby.

Good riddance, I say!

L
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

May I suggest/recommend a restraining order based on that petty display?!

Sounds as though he is coming a bit unhinged. Huge hugs and many prayers for you and your baby!!!!

HG
Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awful to hear this... the ball in clearly in your court to take care of YOU and the young one.

I wouldn't doubt if he's bluffing about filing for divorce... mine said the same thing a few times... and it was me who ended up filing for divorce...

Obviously...it is not a safe environment for you or your baby to remain in contact... Hope you can make the appropriate changes needed.

Take care and keep us posted.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good stuff.

Not his behavior, of course, but that you are at least thinking about the fact that this is not good for any of you.

Can you get in touch with a local shelter or some such? You don't have to go there, but they are often full of good advice for people in exactly your situation.

Time for the big girl's panties. And if you can't do it for you, then please do it for your kids.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am hoping and praying, hoping and praying that you follow through M.

It's not difficult to figure that the 'next' time WILL be a punch to the face. He's edging closer to that happening.

Wishing you the best M. No one should ever experience this.