Feeling in need today

Old 10-10-2003, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Feeling in need today

Hello Everybody,
I'm still really new on all this but I really feel that letting things out and having a place to vent really does help and for that I'm greatful to all of you here.I'm trying to take it day to day and really consentrating on not blaming myself trying to find strengh and happiness again in my space. Today is very difficult I've been crying on and off all morning now the utter mean and nastiness and the rage within my partner is somehow unbearable for me today I've wanted to blow up so bad and it's taken everything within me not to. I am just so emotionally drained from this it's been going on for so long I want my partner to make it this time but what my partner is dealing with as far as withdrawls is becoming so bad for me and I don't know how to deal . This attempt to stop drinking/using is one of many will my partner do it this time I don't know the answer but I know now that I can't get my hopes up anymore and the past few days have proven it to me my partners told my so many times that they want it so bad . I don't understand the withdrawl proceess that well can anyone shed some light on it ? Does anyone else feel this way? or is it just me!!! I'm going to my meeting tonight so I am really looking forward to that now.

Hugs to all,
Kimberly

Old 10-10-2003, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Kim,

Withdrawal from alcohol and certain drugs can be very dangerous. Your partner might want to try going to detox first. If it's not that bad, then treatment is pretty much the way to go if they want to stop long-term.

But there's nothing you can do to get your partner through this. They have to do it for themselves. I'm glad you're going to a meeting tonight. The more you can stay calm and focused on your own feelings and actions, the better off you will be.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
JG
Old 10-10-2003, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kim

Withdrawal is an ugly process. It is physically and emotionally draining. On the person who is going through withdrawal and anyone who is around them. You can't do anything to make this better. The only thing you can do right now is take care of you.
I'm sorry that you are going through such a hard time, and I hope that meeting helps. Hang in there.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-10-2003, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Journeygal is right. Withdrawal should be done under medical supervision. I'm not sure from your post exactly what you mean by withdrawal.

Alcohol withdrawal usually lasts between 2-5 days and can be characterized by sweats, extreme nausea, the feeling of bugs crawling under your skin, and sometimes severe hallucinations. (I've only heard abou that part-usually people that bad go to hospitals.) It is a PHYSICAL thing.

It sounds like you are talking about a MENTAL thing. Is YP just trying to go a few days without taking a drink? Your previous post mentioned alcohol abuse. Is there another drug involved? The alcoholics we get in the detox unit don't do anything but sleep and throw up the entire time they are there. YP is getting nasty and mean-if he's going through the physical withdrawal he shouldn't have the strength. (I use 'he' generically--could be a she)

Hope this helped.