Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

OT meet Bella my foster kitten staying a few weeks for her spaying

OT meet Bella my foster kitten staying a few weeks for her spaying

Old 05-31-2010, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool OT meet Bella my foster kitten staying a few weeks for her spaying

She loves BF and she is a Curtain Alpinist.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a beauty!!!! I love cats, and you are awesome for fostering. It's the best job!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Aww
The camera loves her..
A good model
Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just lost my last cat 2 weeks ago... she had a rare type of cancer for cats... I miss her so much. I lost my other one just over 3 years ago to cancer as well. My home is empty now... so sad and want a new little kitty to love, but may just try to see what being "free" is like for now... (except for my fishies.. hehe)...

She is a little beauty... enjoy her while you have her. I could never foster... I would cry every single time they got adopted... It takes a special person to do this. Bless you.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks, honestly it was not my idea to foster, it was the circumstances.
And I could not give them away or neuter them had to take most of them to a vet.... but at least I spayed the Mom.

As it is I have a respiratory infection and 2 docs have told me to 'get rid of all the cats'. Right. I also got hay fever and BF says to take to the vet the little 2 as well, enough with our current two.

Aww how old were your cats? my oldest one Dolce, (one year and a few months..) almost died as it got an infection as well. I was heart broken, I don't know how I will deal when they leave me they truly love unconditionally.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((Tc)) - Bella's adorable!!

((Tatertot)) so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. My cat, Elvis (the black one in my pics, has fleine HIV (FIV) and leukemia, both are wich fatal. I've been giving him herbal supplements, and he's still fiesty, but he's gotten really skinny. I dread the day when I have to let him go

I think it' AWESOME that you've tken thise kittens under your wing, and are doing as much as you are so that they can go to good and loving homes.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, my "love of my life" cat, the one who passed 3 years ago was my 12th birthday present from my mom (don't worry, I found her and picked her out... it wasn't a "surprise" gift) and she passed away 18 years later, so she was 18 and a half when she passed. I try to comfort myself knowing that I gave her a good life.

The most recent one I rescued from a barn when I was working in farming out east. I heard a little mewing from one corner of a dark barn, then went over there with a flashlight and saw the skinniest, scrawniest, little black "thing" that I ever did see. Skin and bones was NOT a euphamism for this cat... My boss immediately told me that whatever I did I should NOT feed it. So I immediately went into his house and got some cat food and milk and came out to feed it, lol After about a week I finally took her home with me, and she had been with me for the past 13 years. I don't know how old she was when I found her, but likely about 2 years old. Again I try to comfort myself knowing that she had a better life with me than she would have if I'd have left her in that barn... likely would have been roadkill within a few months...

And you are definitely right, the love of a pet is like no other love around. It is the true definition of "unconditional love". They take large chunks of our hearts with them when they go, but the years of this unconditional love that we get in return are SOOO worth it.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

so cute!!! We just found a stray cat in the yard we are trying to tame. Love cats!!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I gave her away to a friend last week. Last reports mention she is happy, eating and playing in my friend's garden aww I miss carrying her little body around!! and that is the end of my "cat fostering saga". Thanks for your help and tips!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can see why she was named Bella. My kitty is Ella and we always call her Bella Ella.
I'm happy you found her such a good home.