Notices

Last Opiates yesterday

Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Last Opiates yesterday

Hi, I feel like I am dying but I know Im now. I stopped takind all opates yesterday and today well I can hardly life my arms to type this, its the nast first day od what feels like Im wearing a lead suit.

My nose is running nonstop

I havbe gone to the bathroom a couple times for the first time in weeks but I wont be happy in a couple hours when thats all I do for a few day b/c my stocach is about to explode (sorry)

My entire bodt\y acheseven the tip of my nose

My body feel electric, my brain and entrire body is zapping

The is just the beiinning too....ahhrrrggg

Mr Dr. is aware gave me something to help , its not, I can do this is just going to take every ouce of determination I have left.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep close to SR Dream - and don't hesitate to call your Dr if you feel concerned at all, ok?.

D
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never went through this not drinking. It makes it a lot easier for a day or two. You cant buy alcohol here I live on Sunday, but I can and I dont want to drink but I did text the guy at thte store that sells it to me to at least see if I can get it.

Thats really bad right?

<3 Dream
Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Darn the guy just texed me back and hes working and asked if I want the usual?

Old 05-30-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dream

You know that drinkings not going to help you...if the opiate detox is bad, go see your Dr as soon as possible and explain whats going on.

It may be you're biting off more than you can chew right now going cold turkey and staying sober....or you may find it's better tomorrow.

Does your Dr know about your drinking too?

Only you and yr Dr can decide what best for you.

See someone at the ER tonight if you're worried - but don't drink...it's not a solution.

D
Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thats really bad right?
It's only bad if you act on it. Please don't drink. It will only make things worse. You don't really want to drink.

Please get medical help if you feel that bad, but don't drink.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its sunday here and tomorrow is a Holiday so no Dr. until Tuesday.

ERs not an option its $3,000 everytime and I dont have insurance right now, so it wouldnt help, I alreadyh went once and they just sent me home and didnt event listen to me telliign them about my alcohol and drug use.

I went to the store and got the beer but I have not drank yet...

I really dont want to....
Old 05-30-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

then don't. Dump it.

It's crunch time Dream - you can either do what you have been doing for years, or try this new way.

It's not easy sometimes, but it's worth it

You're not alone - you have SR and you have AA numbers too I bet. Use them, Dream.

And don't let the money get in the way of your health - if you feel you need help pls go to the ER

D
Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Let's think about your daughter and your husband as well!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Read what you posted in the last few days. You were, are so proud and enthusiastic. Please don't blow this!!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Damn!!!!!!! Please hang in there!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi my name is Desiree and I am an alcoholic an addict!!!!! I tried to substitute one thing for another for yrs its a vicious circle lets get through the opiate detox what is the dr giving you for that bc ur almost have way through it the first 2 or 3 days r bad but u can do it......this is not the solution to substitue I did it for 15 yrs Im 29 half my life I was out of my mine........things will get better one day at a time if u are really concerned and scared I would suggest a rehabilitation center where u can detox safely......good luck and I hope I gave u a bit of strentgh.....,

"This to shall pass"
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi Dream, did you manage, did you fight it off? You know inside you can do it, you have the will and the determination. Don't give up all this hard work now. Maybe try deep meditation, anything to keep your mind off it. Be strong, (((HUGS)))
Old 05-31-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can't add much to what's already been said here but just want you to know I'm thinking about you and wishing you the best today. Hang in there.

Stephanie

:ghug3
Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dream, what happened to the temp sponsor, I think you were the one that wanted to "acquire" one like crazy the other day? Did you take other numbers from the meetings?

I suppose it wouldn't do much to delete your contacts from the phone if you can always get up and go anyway. But that's one of the things you should do.

For some reason I reached a point that it didn't feel like being utterly screwed and helpless without anything left to drink when I quit. There's this AA commercial that runs once in a while, and the second or third scene has a lady with a couple of kids in the background and the voice-over says "I thought I was only hurting myself..." When I heard it playing in the background one morning, I actually said out loud, "Yeah, well, you ARE the only person you're hurting." (The family scene doesn't apply to me - single, male, no kids - but I was identifying with the character in the fiction.) But after I quit and saw it again, I thought to myself, "Wasn't it enough?"

I am glad I reached that point. It wasn't like an explosion, "it" just sort of petered out, no drama, and I just didn't want to use anymore. I was very lucky. Other people lose their kids and all their stuff and their physical freedom and their health; or they die.

Don't go back for "the usual" or any of the alternatives that are on this wheel you spin around (other substances) or that you used to spin around.

I don't know what your medical condition is like, but I wonder if I am seeing "panic" in you sometimes. I hope you will line up all the _right people_ around you so that the solution gets to work.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in their dream... Things will get better , it just takes time. Keep coming back. We are here for you!! hugs <3
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Dream
Got to get through the pain to get to the other side- it's definitely possible- I did it last year. You know. I am going through anxiety attacks or something myself now- as I just quit. Focus on whatever it is that makes you feel at least a little better. For me it's that I know how good I will feel later....which is tough because it's later...but you have to do this.
Hang in there- Much love to you, stay strong.
Dub
Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

How's it going dream?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow dream what kind of dosage were you on before you jumped? I was taking 60 mg of methadone a day, but tapered all the way down to 1.25, but it DID take about 7 months. It's been 1 month since I've stopped. And for the most part, I'm doing ok! Hang in there!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you today, Dream?

D