Notices

6th day emotional trainwreck

Old 05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6th day emotional trainwreck

I can't sleep and my body feels very heavy. I went to work today, (a job I dont like) and went from ok with life to irritable. I read some of the people's stories here on soberrecovery.com and started getting teary, they are really touching. Then I started listening to sappy music on the drive home and started crying about things that drive me to drink. Now I'm home and happy to be with my dogs and I'm going to make something nutritious. I haven't been eating well due to financial woes but I went and got some good food today.

I feel lousy in general. I want to be alone and sink into a hole. I was invited to a party but I can't go because there will be alcohol and I will drink. A friend of mine is coming to hang out with me tomorrow. I thought that she wasn't a real friend but turns out she is. I just don't like feeling like this I get so down in the dumps sometimes.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also I don't think AA is for me. I just don't like the pressure of having to say your name and talk. Sometimes I don't want to know personal things about people either. I went there one time and shared my thoughts and these two ****les totally picked on me. I hate that when people do that. I feel like staying away from alcohol and people who drink as well as making a big effort to find sober friends will do the job enough. Any thoughts?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Glyon

Your experience sounds very similar to mine in regard to being very emotional. I think a lot of it came from the lack of sleep for me. Once I started sleeping better my emotions became more stable. I also used to get high anxiety when I drank and after stopping drinking for a couple of weeks this pretty much disappeared.

Also, the nutrition side of things is very important. Unfortunately I started eating a lot of sugary things but I also made sure I took a multivitamin every day and did the 2 fruits/5 serves veg thing

In regard to AA. I feel the same as you but I do know it works for a lot of people here and I am sure they will share their experiences with you.

Also, I do think you are wise to stay away from your drinking buddies for now, and yes, maybe forever. I have found that a lot of my friends were people that I drank with and had no other real connection with. My life is becoming a lot more simpler now. The people that are in my life are there because I want them there and they support me in my sobriety

It is good to have you here. Hang in there - it does get better. :ghug3
Old 05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I'm on day 6 too, just feel blah is the only way to describe it. I dont feel the anxitey I did the last few days but I also feel nothing...

I am not going to drink, but the only thing I do feel is like theres almost bugs crawling all over me. I thought by day 6 the worst would be over so its hard to believe this is alcohol WD related.

I guess this is depression? Hmmm i dont know I feel heavy physically too.

I hope you feel better and feel better knowing someone feelexactly like you and that others have gotten through it and it is possible and we NEVER have to go through this again, for me it is the last time for sure, I hope you have made that deciision too.

<3 Dream
Old 05-29-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that you should do whatever works for you, in order to stay sober.

I am not an AA person, but I work on my recovery every single day. It's incorporated into my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And, of course eating well is very important. It might help you to get exercise of some kind. Early sobriety is a time of change.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dream,

Have you read about PAWS? Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel lousy in general. I want to be alone and sink into a hole. I was invited to a party but I can't go because there will be alcohol and I will drink. A friend of mine is coming to hang out with me tomorrow. I thought that she wasn't a real friend but turns out she is. I just don't like feeling like this I get so down in the dumps sometimes

Very early sobriety can be a rough ride for sure. Give it time and treat yourself well, it will pass. Glad you're doing whatever you can to keep from drinking. Stay sober one day at a time and things will get better, I promise.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 Hang in there, it sounds like at least you have some fine canine company and something good to eat always helps. I hope it eases up for you soon.