Notices

End of day 5 w/out alcohol

Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Thumbs up End of day 5 w/out alcohol

1 last quick post before i go to bed. Posting my status in regards to not drinking here before i go to bed and when I wake up feels like a healthy routine for accountability so I am trying to stick with it.

End of day 5-
The good things:
My skin feels great, soft and hydrated (My profession is in the field of skin care so knowing what I was doing to my skin my face of course, was beginning to scare me) It took me this entire 5 days and TONS of H2O to feel hydrated again, its no longer red and puffy, my eye are a lot clearer, but they are still bloodshoot, i hope I dont have permanant broken capalarries on my eyes but if thats the worst I come out of this with thats not too bad. I was told at a meeting tonight (by my angel that I met at the first minute of my first meeting that welcomed me and introduced me to everyone) that i looked a lot better, my eyes were a lot clearer and I looked rested. I didnt feel that way but Ill take it!

I am learning to deal with anxiety

I was called on and shared at an AA meeting tonight and it was very helpful and a lot of old timers said I had helped them by sharing my very recent hell with them, and reminded them why they arent going to drink.

I think I met someone a lot like me (a female) that could potentially be my first (in a long time) sober friend who invited me for coffee this week!

I set up 2 good interviews for next week, recovery is first but I have to get back to work as my home WILL be on the lin eoif I dont get back soon an dI miss it too, free time and I obviously dont work well together, until I have some clean time i dont need ANY free time.

I bought the AA daily reflections book today so I have that to look forward to reading each morning

I briefly talked to my temp sponsor on the phone, maybe too briefly though

I layed with my daughter as she fell asleep and rubbed her back and she told me I should "pat it like her teaches do at school" wow that madde me feel bad, I never laid with her when she went to sleep before, read to her and put her to bed bu tnever (maybe a few time but not in a long while) soothed her to sleep

I took my pain meds as prescribed and got a call my Dr. called me in a non narcotic and a few days of suboxone to get off the opiates as he didnt want me waiting over the weekend which is nice b/c with my interviews next week I was planning on kicking CT this weekend and it would have been he$^

My Liver and or Kidneys are no longer bothering me, swollen, or throbbing at times like they were

I stretched

I danced a little for exercise

I helped someone here on SR

I learned a couple HUGE lesson today here on SR

I went to 2 AA meetings just today

I DIDNT DRINK!!!

There were some anxious times to the day, a bit frustrating and almost overwheming but I made it through, and am looking forward to tomorrow!

Good Night!

<3 Dream
Old 05-29-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

AA is a good place to make friends. Real genuine friends who will be there for you if you need them and vice versa.

One of the greatest things I have from being sober is spending time with my 7 year old son. It has become incredibly important to him and he always asks me what we will be doing in our "time together". It's only now I am sober that I realised how much I was neglecting him emotionally during my drinking. Thank God I got sober before it was too late. I hear many stories in AA of people missing out on their children's childhoods.

Well done on your 5 days.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Intention,

I just spent a couple hours at the park at the school a block from my house w/a playground. You would think of where its located my daughter would have been there more than the handful of time she has and its the first time I was ever there sober and played with her and stayed so long she was ready to go before I was and I even had to carry her (shes 3 and 1/2) the last half block b/c she was so tired.
I am right with you, I felt like before b/c she was taken care of alwasy fed, bathed, read to etc. but I now see how much I was doing it as more of a job than being a real mother. I am glad I am stopping it now and breaking the cycle the goes on for generations and generations in my family where I was told from a young age, it a cure in our family b/c Im Irish and thats what we do.
I had my first beer at 3 years old and have a pic of me in an inner tube in a swimming pool holding onto my beer can. My parents wer so pround of that picture.
My mother is still suffering and a full time A and my father quit drinking, he didnt go to a program but used counselg at the VA hospital he goes to for his health problems from Vietnam.
He decided to quit and asked my mother to do the same (my senior year of HS) or he was going to (finally) divorce her and she chose to leave us and drink. I havent talked to her since except for a couple of unsuccessful attempts b/c she is at the point hwere she has alcohol induced dimentia and just doesnt make sense or says things I know are not true and never happened. Living in a complete drunken fantasy land.
I will not do that to my sweet daughter. I as scared to have kids in the first place b/c of it and I had reason to be. but now I have hope and I really believe with AA I can break the cycle for her.
I really really hope so!
<3 Dream
Old 05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working on your recovery.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on your 5 days Dream - good post too

D
Old 05-29-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks D...so excited tomorrow will be a week! I cant wait to start counting weeks instead of days, and then months instead of weeks, and then years... but hopefully at that point Ill just have a life, as opposed to focusing so much on the seconds, minutes, hours, and days that are making up this time.
But rght noe the counting is absolutely helpful and rewarding so i am sticking to it!
<3 Dream
Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are doing well Dream. It must be a great feeling seeing your daughter through sober eyes. And now her memories will be different to those you had of your parents :ghug3

I try not to think to far into the future, just take it one day at a time. Don't let sobriety overwhelm you.

And like you say, it is rewarding to count days. It is a much bigger number after all