Notices

tomorrow is going to be so hard

Old 05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tomorrow is going to be so hard

Day 3 for me today, but tomorrow night is going to be the hardest. A Saturday night that I am off and day 4. I know my mind is going to tell me all the reasons why I could and should drink. That it is going to be a constant fight not to. I found this site Wednesday night after a blackout and very bad Tuesday night. Really like the support that everyone seems to give. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome peacenkudzu

I remember facing days like that....

playing the tape through - remembering what happens when I drink - and posting and reading at SR got me through every one of them - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Peace ~

Remember how you felt Weds night after a very bad Tues and subsequent blackout?

When that committee in your head starts nagging you tomorrow night, remember that you can be reliving that sick feeling over and over and over again.

Fire that committee in your head. Make plans ahead of time to do something that doesn't leave you vulnerable or bored.

Recovery is not about putting down the drink and poof! everything is magical and wonderful...

It's about a new way of thinking and re-adjusting our habits to not revolve around drinking.

Like anything, it takes some getting used to, but is so much better than the alternative.

Post here if you need/want to - plan on doing something that you haven't done in a very long time because you were drinking. Knowing that you're making an effort is a good start. Glad you found us.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. I do not want to drink. I have lost too much to drinking already. Will be on here tomorrow. Helps to read others posts too.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are stronger than the voices in your mind.
Stay busy tomorrow night: go to the movies, read a book, visit the gym; there are so many things to do, just do not drink.
You can do this.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 and upcoming day 4. It gets easier. Helps me to enjoy and appreciate each sober, non-hung-over morning. I realize that those good feeling mornings sometimes take more than a few days of sobriety to start showing up. Bottom line is that each day is a victory and takes you closer to happy, healthy, and FREE. Wishing you the best on you healthy weekend.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

You seem to have a good hold of how you are feeling now and how you will be feeling tomorrow and you already know you will be struggling so do something about it NOW.

Make plans for that time ASAP, coffee with sober friends or even 1 if you have 1, go to an AA meeting, a movie, go to the library NOW and stock up on books, remember what you loved to do before you drank and do it, or do what I am doing which is (a lot of AA) but if you dont do that, stay glued to your computer and this website, and every time you get a craving post, and read, and post and read, that has saved my a## so many times already.

There is ALWAYS someone here to listen.

< 3 Dream
Old 05-28-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post peace, Im right there with you on the holiday weekend deal, I know tomorrow is going to be the hardest as well. I to found this site a week ago sunday after a blackout myself and without it I definitely would be propped up on a barstool right now, but coming here and talking to everyone else going through the same things has definitely helped! Hope you keep working towards your goal
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Peace--

Good advice here. I can vouch for spending times on the forums. I used to just hang out here and read posts before I actually started posting myself.

This place helped me not to pick up that first drink, and taking it one day at a time. Best advice I can give is not to think too far into the future as it can be very overwhelming. And you will be amazed at how quickly the days add up!

Hang in there and hang out here too
Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What about hitting a meeting? You have some great ideas here, and I know how hard it is. I hope you get through it ok, and we will be here for you.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family! I'm glad you don't want to drink. Just don't let those lying voices trick you. Alcohol makes everything worse. Stay strong. You can get thru this sober.