Notices

Seen my counsler on day 6 today.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seen my counsler on day 6 today.

Today has been pretty stress free. Got to see my counsler and set up a outpaitent scheduel. Lots of alcohol, drug group, bipolar/anxiety groups, and then a group that has a mix of each called the dual program. Also anger mangement, start working the AA program, Individual counseling/psycholgist appts. Medication management, and last but not least Nutritional conseling(because im b-vit deficent which resulted in what they refer to as wet brain, I always drank more calories then I ate, and being a male 6'1 and 158lbs is not good. Will see how these new meds work out, and the conseling. Anyone have any exp. with continuing xanax, I told them how I took it and they told me to continue with it and to also use it for sleep vs ambien. Lots of time and paperwork today. When It cools off I think Im gonna take my boxer for a walk. Thanks everyone
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Sounds like you had a good day I am glad. I am sorry about your health conditions but at least not YOU CAN get yourself to your healthiest without ignoring those issues or taking care of yourself as well as you could.

KEEP IT UP!

<3 Dream
Old 05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you will be approaching recovery from every angle, and I know it will work for you. Balance is something that I found works for me in recovery. I do a lot for my recovery too and it's ALL important.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Xanax is not something I would be comfortable taking, and I suffer from major anxiety and panic attacks. I also would not be comfortable seeing a doctor willing to prescribe it to me with my history. I don't have a history of abusing benzos but still.
I don't know what you are being prescribed it for but if it is for anxiety there are lots of safer medications our there to try. I have had success with high dosages of SSRIs and I especially like beta-blockers, essentially blood pressure meds that control adrenaline production which shuts down the flight/fight response. Obviously though, that is something to discuss with a board certified psychiatrist (not a general MD), preferably one with some experience treating patients with addiction. Anyways, good luck. You are definitely at the roughest stage. Getting sober is hard work but it gets better.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, I wanted someone elses opnion on that. They were orginally prescribed for my excessive rage and panic attacks. They don't really help the rage, it just seems when im pissed im there and no turning back. I have bipolar 1, OCD, and Parionia. Add all that together, and it some how turns into massive anger outburst, wild risk taking jump out of my skin moods, and then of course the good ole anxiety. Now they want me to take the xanax to sleep(which works) rather then ambien(also works but still tierd in morning). As for SSRI's I take 40mg of paxil, a antipsycotic(hate that term just makes me sound like a quack). I dont know anymore, Im tired of freaking out and being a 1019 72 hold becuse I freak out. Is it normal in early recovery for your anxiety/panic attacks to worsen? Thanks everyone
Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Completely normal for anxiety, panic, and anger to worsen initially. The only cure that works for me is to work a recovery program, like AA (or something analagous). It's not perfect, but nothing is.

I have more a straight anxiety disorder, but a pretty major one. I never made any progress on treating it until I focused completely on getting dry and sober.

Also remember that recovery isn't a straight line. There are continually setbacks. The point is to keep moving forward making progress.