The No contact didnt go so well

Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The No contact didnt go so well

So I begin anew. His familyasked me for help as his wife. He has a new mistress that he loves and is meeting her family this weekend and they have been going away etc. She doesnt know the truth of course. He says she doesnt drink but I am sure he is showering her with gifts and overcompensating in other ways. His family said he told them he is drinking more than ever and the lies are out of control adn he has the shakes and is blacking out. Yet he still goes to work. The lies are brutal.
So he told me he hated me and and loves her. So ok. I start again with no contact. If he is so happy with her than why is he drinking more than ever. His life of lying must be exhausting. I think I am done. I leave him to God and surrender. I have some plans. Back to focus on me. It may be tough with no contact for the next few months. Any suggestions would be helpful. I know one day I will wake up and be glad we no longer speak. Until that say comes I may need some help. I am going to stay with my parents for a bit to get rid of the loneliness. Of course I will pray like never before. And I pray God takes my desire away from loving him.
Thanks for listening.

Rollercoaster Lulu
Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think going to stay with your parents is a great idea. Being surrounded with people you love will be healing....it's something I didn't have and I made it through. Still working, but made it through the really excrutiating part.

All I can say is all you can do is take it one day at a time. Time my dear, time.

Hugs
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

How is the divorce going? Has he been served yet?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm lucky in that mine stays away and does not bother me. The only down side is the endless slander - that really bothers me because I know the truth. For instance I recall my ex used to say how hard I was on her during her pregnancy, still does in fact - and yet I have a very long heartfelt soliloquy from her apologising profusely for her treatment of me during that period, and begging forgiveness.

Funny how they conveniently forget things....and difficult to determine if they truly have forgotten or deliberately hit the ignore button when facts hit them in the face.

I guess my point being is we all realise what liars they are - they'll lie about things that don't make any sense. I get the feeling that this man is actually trying to rile you up. The thing is - you don't know. You don't know if he loves this woman, you don't know whether she drinks, you don't know if he's drinking more or whatever. How could you?

I take it you still have feelings for him, but why are you allowing yourself to be hurt like this?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
I'm lucky in that mine stays away and does not bother me. The only down side is the endless slander - that really bothers me because I know the truth. For instance I recall my ex used to say how hard I was on her during her pregnancy, still does in fact - and yet I have a very long heartfelt soliloquy from her apologising profusely for her treatment of me during that period, and begging forgiveness.

Funny how they conveniently forget things....and difficult to determine if they truly have forgotten or deliberately hit the ignore button when facts hit them in the face.

I guess my point being is we all realise what liars they are - they'll lie about things that don't make any sense. I get the feeling that this man is actually trying to rile you up. The thing is - you don't know. You don't know if he loves this woman, you don't know whether she drinks, you don't know if he's drinking more or whatever. How could you?

I take it you still have feelings for him, but why are you allowing yourself to be hurt like this?
I do still have feelings for him and never denied that. Yesterday I saw how sick he was..more importantly how sick I am. I do hope he gets better. Its just such a world of lies and I chickened out on the divorce for now. I need to be ready and I want him to do it. This way I can save some money.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lulu.
Alcohol(ism) was my solution to the awfulness of self-loathing. It was a toxic solution that might've killed me, as it eventually just magnified my self hatred with the progression of the illness. My behavior became worse, my lies...well, I could no longer really tell them from what might be true. I didn't have relationships, I took hostages. My entire life revolved around the fear that I really was unlovable, and that if I let down my guard, others would see me for the awful person I was.

My experience, and years of observing other alcoholics in recovery, is that self-loathing, and the fear of self discovery, is the real problem, and alcohol is the escape. So long as I hated myself there was no way I could ever love anyone else. It's pretty hard to discover and run away from yourself at the same time.<G>

AA turned that around by loving me no matter what, until I finally decided that maybe I was lovable after all. That's when everything began to change for me, and I was able to share that love with others....which made it ever stronger.

Until he comes f2f with his own demons of fearful self hatred, there will be little of genuine love or caring for him to offer anyone. Nor can he really accept love from others because he's convinced very deeply that he doesn't deserve it. IMO, the wisest....and most loving thing for you....is to do exactly what you are doing.

After all....you must love yourself before you can share love with others, and I'm hearing that this is the path you've chosen. I'm glad you've found this place that has so much love and support to share.

Remember....love never holds on. It is always willing to let go. It never punishes....always forgives.

blessings
zenbear
Old 05-27-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wise words.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can always hope he gets better Lulu, but best you don't live your life hoping for it.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
I do still have feelings for him and never denied that. Yesterday I saw how sick he was..more importantly how sick I am. I do hope he gets better. Its just such a world of lies and I chickened out on the divorce for now. I need to be ready and I want him to do it. This way I can save some money.
I am somewhat surprised that you have feelings for him. Are you sure this isn't just ego? I mean, from the sounds of it there is little to love about this man. Perhaps I am being too flippant in that I came to the realisation that what I felt for my ex A was not love - but codependency, pity, and empathy. Once my heart and mind were on the same page I realised that I indeed did not love this person. How could I after the horrible things she did?

lulu - I hate to break it to you, but this man does not love you, and I don't think you love him either.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
I am somewhat surprised that you have feelings for him. Are you sure this isn't just ego? I mean, from the sounds of it there is little to love about this man. Perhaps I am being too flippant in that I came to the realisation that what I felt for my ex A was not love - but codependency, pity, and empathy. Once my heart and mind were on the same page I realised that I indeed did not love this person. How could I after the horrible things she did?

lulu - I hate to break it to you, but this man does not love you, and I don't think you love him either.
these words are powerful and very possibly true. For me I want the person he used to be before the person progressed to where he is now. He probably doesnt love me. I pray God takes away my desire..
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i would THINK the new lady in his life that he claims to love and is going to meet HER family would be a rather resounding message? i make it a rule in MY life to NEVER put my future in someone else's hands......especially not someone with a lousy track record for honesty, integrity and responsibility!
Yes Anvil. I am an idiot. I really am doing my best to heal. I seem to be slow at it. But I promise the nc starting today I will work on like nothing I ever did before in my life..I just need some help.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If nothing changes, nothing changes. Just the other day you were so angry at him and decided that you had finally had enough of his nonsense. Now, you are back to feeling sorry for him and upset because he has found someone else. Just what would he have to do to move you to action regarding divorce?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lu, ((((hug)))

Let me say this, he does not love him. How can you love another when you totally hate your own being.
It's not about he loves you, you love him. He is trying to fill his empty voids now with everything.

I'm sure you do love him, but the rejection stings. When we are rejected, we want. If he were to come back begging, lying, doing what he's doing now, there would be little of the love you feel now, more like pity.

In my case, if my man was seeing someone else (and this has happened) that is enough for me to have NC for life. My pride keeps me focused.
Don't give him the pleasure of talking to you, knowing about your life.

Now the real process of grieving happens. Don't have contact with his parents either. They will just keep opening up your wound.

I know how much this hurts......here for you
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
If nothing changes, nothing changes. Just the other day you were so angry at him and decided that you had finally had enough of his nonsense. Now, you are back to feeling sorry for him and upset because he has found someone else. Just what would he have to do to move you to action regarding divorce?
I would have to lose my faith and the faith I have in God. I pray for God to take my desire away. That is all I can offer.
Another reason I am discovering is that his actions are affecting my self worth. I called my therapist today. Hopefully I can process all that happened. Still crawling but trying....
Old 05-27-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I really feel a new job and going back to NYC and having my old life back will help me. I hate my current job and he always got me through the day and I am just done. I need new and I need change. Is that a whimpy way out?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lu, God won't take anything away, what wil kill your desire is anger. Get ANGRY!
Get pissed!
This guy has treated you like sh*t and you need to get ANGRY

Nothing kills a good desire like a great dose of anger
Old 05-27-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I really feel a new job and going back to NYC and having my old life back will help me. I hate my current job and he always got me through the day and I am just done. I need new and I need change. Is that a whimpy way out?
NOT AT ALL! Change like this shows strength
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

If you think staying married to a lying, cheating alcoholic will save you money, you are fooling yourself. Getting a divorce costs a fixed amount of money, depending on your circumstances.

Being married to a lying, cheating alcoholic is an ongoing expense. And not just in terms of money.

L
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
I pray for God to take my desire away.

He's probably waiting til you LET GO of it first! God/HP cannot remove from us what we are not fully WILLING to have removed. God/HP is not in the enabling biz......He will NEVER do for us what we are fully capable of doing for OURSELVES.
Thanks and this may be a really basic question but how do you do it then? I cant seem to let go. My brain has a mind of its own. LOL.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
If you think staying married to a lying, cheating alcoholic will save you money, you are fooling yourself. Getting a divorce costs a fixed amount of money, depending on your circumstances.

Being married to a lying, cheating alcoholic is an ongoing expense. And not just in terms of money.

L
Latee..i totally typed that wrong..I would default on the divorce and avoid lawyer fees is what I mean. Let me get myself another cup of coffee..lol