Notices

Feels different this time...

Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I attended my first AA meeting last night, and am on my way to meet with an addiction counselor in 30 minutes, two things which I have done before. The only difference this time is I have this site to come back to and share my feelings and experiences and be able to talk to other people just like me, which feels truly amazing! I know that this journey is by no means easy or all of us wouldnt be here for support but now that I feel like Im not in this by myself it has made a ton of differnce thus far, so thank you to everybody
Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

YEAH, i feel the same way too! i know I have sooo much work ahead of me and I too have tried this before, wish i would have stayed stopped before b/c I wouldnt now be facing the fact that I went places with drugs and alcohol i never thoguh i would but I wasnt successful, I pray we are both successful this time.
Hold on to that excitement, but as someone just reminded me, dont have too much fun, this is oing to be the hardest thing you have ever done, and if its not your probably not doing it right. (I actually added that part and I dont know where it came from, I sound like i know what I am talking about, and its b.c a good SR freind on here let me know that 3 days in and I was already f ing up.
Good Luck w/ the counselor, be honest, remember they have heard worse no matter what you can tell them and the majority of the time the addiction counselor is a previous addict.
<3 Dream
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know what you mean. I've tried and failed at sobriety for going on three years but this time seems like it will be my LAST attempt and that I won't have any more relapses. In the past I've always given in to the desire to just dull my senses when things got bad... Now I'm dealing with life's problems with a clear head and a working logic muscle.

Sobriety really rocks!