He's in the Hospital

Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's in the Hospital

Well, he's in the hospital for the third time in four days. They've admitted him. This isn't drinking or drug related.

He is having SEVERE migranes, vomitting, passing out, trouble breathing, vision and hearing problems, a stiff neck, disorientation, unable to really walk around, and a constant pressure on the base of his skull.

He thought he may have inhaled something from the bonfire, or ingested poison from mushrooms (random mushrooms growing on a bail of hay, he did NOT eat them, he just touched them, didn't wash his hand, and ate). The emergency room told him saturday he needed to see a neurologist immediately, and he hasn't been able to get in yet. So, he called poison control to ask about the mushrooms, which they insisted that it can't be harmful through contact on the hands. They told him he needed to see a neurologist immediately, and to go to the hospital and not leave until one evaluates him. He needs an MRI of the brain. They did a CT Scan and a Spinal tap on his last visit, and found nothing in his blood work. The doctors claimed something wrong was going on, they just didn't know, so they sent him home with percocet. He has no history of migranes, but his sister gets them chronically.

I'm scared. I don't know what's going on with him... and it makes me want to cling tight to the good guy image I hold of him. I love this guy, and something serious could be going on. It sounds silly, but I watch mystery diagnosis.. and scary things happen to people who least expect it.

I don't know what to think anymore. I didn't know whether I wanted to be with him or not, but damn, I don't want him to die. I just want to hold him, and tell him I love him...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry that you are going through that Jenny. I'm sure this has to blur things for you. All I can say is try to stay strong. You will have to do whatever you think is best, that's all any of us can do really. Remember we are here for you.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jenny, I'm sorry that you're both going through this. Remember to take care of yourself, too.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you visit him in the hospital?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear you're going through this.
I hope everything turns out well
my thoughts are with you
Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The sooner a neuro sees him, the sooner you may know what is going on. I would also not be fobbed off with "take a couple of asprin and see a gp tomorrow", and would be demanding he remain under observation til someone finds what is what.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

God bless