Notices

whats up?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

whats up?

Hey guys whats up? I hope everyone is doing well. I just don't have the urge to drink anymore. I have been sober since January 13th, although I did have a shot of jager awhile back at my grandmas funeral. After going through 30 days of AA and just being really into AA I used some other techniques that I really helped me. I imaged myself 5 years down the road with better skills, sober, the guy I want to be. I Imagined myself outside my body whenever I startd to get bored or stray. This Second Mcribb would constantly tell me that , it is tough now but you will get to your goals and it will be worth it. I have to admit my weekends aren't very fun, but my overall life is better. Just a sacrifice I have to make to get to my goals to make money and be the best person I can. I had to just reboot my system and start living through AA. I should give back to AA, one day I plan on giving back alot more, I just don't think I am "there" yet to fully give back. I just hope people do alot of research of every possible method because I had to use several and just keep trying for my goals. I still want to drink, but it isn't an option and it will set me back far.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm glad that it sounds like you are generally OK, but I don't get why you "want to drink," as you said. I am familiar with a fear about drinking - alcoholism has a lot to do with fear itself for some people, and that's a different story - but I am not in a mentality of "wanting to drink."

Do you think you would get something out of staying up with a meeting per week or something? Maybe there is something you have not explored and found. I am finding out little things that add up pretty much all the time just by reading and writing here, but not wanting to drink happened before that for me (I believe). Is that the wording you wanted to use in your original post?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Sounds like you're a bit stuck.. you don't have the urge to drink, you say.. but then you say you still want to drink.

I never want to drink..

Sounds like you're not wanting to use AA in your recovery.. I didn't either. However, I had to do SOMETHING other than white knuckle it.. I didn't posess the skills to be my own recovery program, otherwise like you, i'd probably still want to drink, and take random shots at funerals

What's next for you?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

McRibb, it sounds like you're doing well. I hope you find joy in the journey.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

to SR I liked the system reboot comment
Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your sober time McRibb.
Hope to see you here more...

D