Notices

bring it on day 5

Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bring it on day 5

Morning. Day 5 of my sobriety and one week since my last disgusting 'performance'. I'm feeling well and my liver must think it's been transplanted into another being!

I need to keep focused today. Friday, the beginning or the weekend, which is usually the start of my slippery slope!

I've got a very busy day organised, but will pop on here every opportunity. I'm getting more addicted to this site than facebook!

The coffee pot is on. I've made some sexy cup cakes with tasteful decorations, a victoria sandwich, just to be English and a blackcurrant cheese cake for those who like a bit of zing! The door will be open all day.

Oh and things have improved slightly on the home front.

Love and hugs to you all. Keep strong!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right On DG I would love to see a picture of "sexy" cupcakes

Have a Great Day!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha ha. You should see the pink frilly ones. Whit whoo! xxx
Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

Oops! I already posted in your last thread. Just a quick cup for me, busy day today. But I'll definitely be checking back in after work. Till then keep strong and bring on the new day!

And by the way, I am curious to see what a "sexy" cupcake looks like.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Morning, keep going, nearly a whole week, once u make the week end u will get through anything, I see we all posting on previous post, perhaps, we should stick to that one? and just keep updating it? so cool we have a really unique club! anymore to join us? So DG did u see Bard offered to make us Steak (bring our own) and he will make them: So with all this socializing we are sure to have a perfect day. Thinking of u all.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hmmmm yummy Brekkie!!!!!!! I suppose it's a bit too early in the day for it but I'll start making my Thai red curry - should be ready by lunchtime if any of youz are feeling a bit peckish :-)! Sure I'll even throw in a few prawn crackers ;-)!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

End of day 5

Well day 5 has ended. First time in years that I haven't drunk on a Friday. Had a really busy day today. Feeling stuffed with all the good food & coffee provided by our coffee club. Hope my fellow day fivers ( now moving into sixers) have all done well.

Got another busy day tomorrow. Taking the grand children to the zoo. God please don't let me blow it. My goal at the moment is to make it to Monday.

Any way going to bed now as knack8red, but in a good way. Back for coffe tomorrow!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on a sober Friday! It's so rewarding to live sober without all the sickness and trouble that drinking brings.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you getting through Day 5 and I hope you enjoy your day at the zoo with the grandkids.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Evening DG, how did the visit to the zoo go, enjoying an evening cuppa, whilst i catch up, hope u all had a fabulous day and remember no matter how hard our afflictions, we can always turn to JESUS, who loves us unconditionally and is only a prayer away. Speak to u all in the morning, sleep well.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Evening everybody. Thanks for your kind wishes. Had a very busy day and the weather was scorching. the zoo was fab and the children loved it.
I'm just having a nice strong cup of tea. Have to confess that today I really fancied a glass of wine. It was sooooo hot and just the thought of a nice, chilled, crisp, white wine was very appealing. However, I DIDN'T, because it wouldn't just be a glass of wine, it would be the bottle. Instead I had a nice, ice cold, blackcurrant and soda, which cooled me just as well and didn't block out my memory of today. The urge has well passed now and I like this feeling of well being. Monday is in sight!

Oh and things are greatly improved on the home front!!

Hope all my coffee clubbers have been good! xxxx Love to you all xx
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go disgrace! Be good to yourself and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi ''coffee clubers'' checking in. hope u all doing well. DG im so happy things r turning around, see i told u, time is all we need sometimes ''A star shines brightest in a dark sky! Your sky may be dark ,but u can be GOD's star to light it up.!'' (((HUGS ALL)))
Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind wishes, you really all have kept me going. Yesterday, I could have quite easily slipped up, but I didn't! Today has been good. I woke up feeling so glad and happy that I didn' succumb to temptation. I feel well and woo hoo it is Monday tomorrow and it will be my 1 wk anniversary!

I've been reading lots of posts on this site, re how ill we have all felt, high blood pressure, racing heart, anxiety attacks, sweating, shaking hands, looking rough and feeling pain. WHY do we do this to ourselves? I dont understand. We all deserve health and happiness.

In work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week, but will catch up for coffee at every opportunity. Hope my fellow six dayers are doing well.

Love to you all. xxx
Old 05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning, all ''coffee clubbers'' no one up and ready for Coffee and croisants? It is wet and raining here in SA. Congratulations DG on your one week anniversary, and to al u others out there, this is a big achievement. Keep going! Have a blessed and awesome day!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you. One week and I feel good. In work now. The sun is cracking the flags outside and I wish I was at home, in the garden. Catch up later.XXX
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning all, DG how is one week and one day feeling? Bard, Almath, etc.. where are you all, how u doing? im not doing grt today, winter got me, mean head cold! at least i am all snug and warm in bed. Thinking of you all.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey there everyone!

Just havin a wee cuppa and 'checking in' for first time in a few days (we had a bank holiday weekend here and a scorching one at that!!). Congratulations to Disgrace for reaching her 1st week - GREAT achievement

Sending you all some delicious croissants freshly made in Brussels :-)!

Wishing you all a lovely day and sending you all big hugs!

Almath
Old 05-25-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning All

Thank you all for your kind wishes, thank you Mamm for keeping me strong and I hope you are soon feeling much better. Thank you Almath for the delicious croissants. Just having one now with a coffee. I'm in work so can't visit much today. Hope you are doing o.k Bard!!

One week and one day feels fab. When my colleagues asked if I'd had a good weekend, it was so good to actually rememer it!!! It's good not to drive to work on auto pilot! I've been sleeping really well too, which is unusual for me!

Speak later, be good. Love to you all. xxx
Old 05-25-2010, 01:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Read this and thought u might all be encouraged - GOD's medicine is always available - just a prayer away!'' GOD is the GOD of broken things, HE offers forgiveness that mends our memories, and HE smiles we HE catches our whispered ''sorrys'' and turns them into JOY!