MY higher power

Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

MY higher power

Its so great to finally be in touch with my higher power. Its like a sense of peace in me. I know I am loved unconditionally just as i am. I know I will be taken care of. I would love to hear other's experiences with this.
Hugs
Eva
Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes, lulu. many times when my thoughts are down in the trenches, all i need to do is lift them up vertically and the peace is restored. and i know no matter what happens in life, that this is what is real, lasting and forever.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lulu, I find my greatest, deepest peace when I let God take over. He is my friend, my father, my counselor, my comforter, my encourager, my disciplinarian, my hope, and my source of unconditional love.

In this healing process where I am trying to face my lifelong abandonment wounds and fears, I find it very easy to get wrapped up in trying to figure things out by myself which usually leads to my feeling anxious, unsettled, and uncertain as to how to heal myself. But then........I remember that He is in control and He will provide the healing if I pray, talk with Him, listen, obey, and let Him love me. It is really an awesome place to be when I give it up to Him. The peace is amazing. It feels like a giant hug from the inside out when I need it the most.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's nice to feel peace

My HP is a She ;-) and I'm not fully there yet to allow my HP to take over. I'm still struggling with the concept, Not that I don't believe in a HP, I just struggle with the thought that "it's all planned out" without my inclusion.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
today4me

My HP provides peace and positiveness to me when I give in. The positiveness is what amazes me. I can pray and still feel good about it knowing I was heard. Or, I can cry to him and ask to be carried.

Last week was I was connected and grounded. I went on a golfing trip and lost all faith, hope and love. Looking back, I should of stayed and remained focused on him doing volunteer work, etc. The wonderful beauty of it is that I can start over again and not feel bad. I'm loved no matter what! Today is day one again to obtain peace, patience and positiveness with HP, one day at a time.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My HP is God, and He is my warrior, my protector, my shield. I am His bride, and His unfailing love for me is overwhelming.

When we are obedient to God, and His will, life takes an amazing turn! I never thought that would be possible, but being on God's path, following His lead, and walking down that path with Him has been amazing. He really DOES want to prosper us, and fill up all our empty places! Nothing else works!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I love this thread.
I have had opportunities to feel incredible peace, light and love, and I know it is HP in me. I love it that others get it, too. I know feelings are OK and I need to feel them as gracefully as I can. I know there is much healing going on for everyone tired of the old ways. I love to know it is not so much about reaching out or looking for something, it is more like standing still and letting go of my barriers...

My mom once dreamed that she entered a room and it was FULL of gifts of all sizes and colors. This has given her-and me- a lot of hope!

One more day to grow, learn and enjoy !! here it is very sunny. A wonderful day.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have really inspired me with your posts. Sometimes you wonder if you imagine these things but its real. Faith. My guiding light is my God..my father..my everything.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I believe all our experiences in life point us toward the power of our HP in any situation or circumstance if we allow it.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My heart is so hidden in my HP that those who want it have to go to God in order to find it...