Notices

I thnk about 6months to a year...

Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

I thnk about 6months to a year...

Is about the time I even bother telling anyone about being back on the wagon. I've told the family so many times before I know they just sit there and think don't make promises that you can't keep. And when they thought I had 8 months (really it was 4 months then 1 day relapse followed by another 4 months of being on the wagon) I know I really let them down, with me being the biggest one to be let down.

So I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, politely say no thanks when invited to go drink and concentrate on my trucking career that's getting ready to start. Sound like a winner?

Oh and 2 days sober
Old 05-18-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just left it for people to see from my behaviour that I was changing.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get sober for urself and no
one else.

This will be a personal achievement
for urself.

Keep it simple. Remain humble.

And dont forget honesty. It's
that important too.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 days. So far, I haven't made much of a deal about it. I am with Anna on this one, I just left it to people to notice the changes. It's been an entirely drama-free affair thus far, thankfully. All the best to you, Bard!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After about the 20th time of swearing off drink to my mother she started to doubt my sincerity although tried not to show it...she would ask me what i was going to do different this time and i would go mad at her, i would say "im going to join a gym, get fit, work hard and make lots of money wtf do you think im going to do" or with a slight variation...

She went to al anon when i was late teens/early twenties so would always suggest AA to which i would say "yeah defo im going to AA this time, ill get 6 months under my belt and then ill head down and show them how to do it lol!"...

I blamed her for my inability to stop drinking...it started at not enough hugs when i was younger and over the years went to inheriting my Dad's genes, her having sex with him and for giving birth to me...the more insane i got the more x-files the rationalisation got!

I hated my mother from a very early age, nothing was ever enough...all the other kids seemed happy and i was always feeling sad and like a piece of ****...was talking to my CBT counselor last week and mentioned how after the steps etc i realise i don't feel love for her or my father and im ok with that...ive made amends like i was taught to and will remain open to what happens in the future...

The guilt i carried around about all this was amazing...and i always tried to get sober for other people, this last time was the first time i got sober for me...

Amazing journey...hope you do whats necessary this time!