Notices

day 2

Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2

Morning

Well day one has passed without any major problems. Day two now. I am pleased that I got through day one, but I have been up most of the night. Not because I needed a drink, but because I was thinking over all the bad things I have done, especially this last weekend. I turned into a monster. I feel guilt ridden, ashamed and a waste of space. The atmosphere at home is more than frosty, my partner can't bear to look at me and who can blame him. If he did what I did, I would have been out the door long ago. I have to stick with this now and prove that there is some good in me.xxx
Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of us have been there - me included - so I know you can do this

D
Old 05-18-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Red face

to SR hope you find lots of help and support with us, keep posting and well done on day1!

''When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul''
Psalm 94 v 19

When tensions reach breaking point, turn to JESUS, fears, anxiety and worries dissapear before JESUS' power to be replaced by healing love!

Through the power of the Holy Spirit, JESUS still walks by your side. HE can drive out the bullies of fear and keep you on your feet in every situation of life.

Open your heart to GOD, and experience the joy and serenity of HIS presence.

Remember, the Master's invitation still stands ''Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.''
Matt. 11 v 28

Let us put GOD in full control of our personal lives, no matter what we undertake, we know that HE alone is in control of our whole existence.

Thank you LORD JESUS that you are with us in every crisis and for YOUR love which keeps me standing.
Amen

Last edited by Starburst; 05-18-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: wrong info posted
Old 05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Listen to Dee...I've been there too...most of us have, but you can DEFINITELY do this !! ....I'm heading into day 6, slept well once in the last 5, but am getting a lot of help here at SR and as terrible as I feel, I know there is a lot of good ahead ...you are not a "disgrace"...you are a fighter and a brave one to take the steps that led you here...you were simply in "distress"...and now head towards the successful plan you have laid out for yourself...good job!!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for that. You've got me in tears. I'm very down and tearful today. Can't stop thinking about all the pain I've caused and all the lies I've told. I'm not going to give up though, I will get strong!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi disgrace and welcome to SR!

I know that it was the consequences of drinking that finally got me here. The person I was while drinking wasn't the person I really was down deep. I hope you can keep posting and reading - it might help you to realize you are not alone and you do deserve a better life.

Those first couple days, I couldn't deal with anything but staying sober. I was on here constantly. Anything not to pick up that first drink. Sending hugs.....
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Thinking and praying for you. There is good in all people. U just do the best you can do. Forgiveness will come. Hope u are doing well? (((HUGS)))
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
part time member

Welcome to SR.
Keep reading and posting. I believe that this site was what I needed. Many people in the same situation. Be strong! Don't drink today! Look around the site lots of good information here.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Like Dee wrote...most of us have been there. Waking up, SLOWLY coming to, thinking - Oh my gosh, did I really do/say/write that!!!??? That is if we remembered at all, sometimes I had to be told and still didn't know that happened.

You are not a waste. You are farther along than many by realizing you have a problem and doing something about it. Stick around, you will find support here! You can do this.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Most of us don't come here on a winning streak. I know I didn't. I'm closing in on 150 days since my last drink and I still cringe at night b/c of the terrible things I've done.

You are not alone. Try to take it easy on yourself, but know that if you want sobriety, long term, lasting sobriety, it's going to take work on your part.

The good news, no great news, is that you never have to drink again. Keep your chin up.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
0sT

It's the hardest thing to look back at your own actions and to understand that you did them because of alcohol. That's why I've quit. It's normal to feel terrible about what you have done; a lot of people might have shrugged it off and not cared about it.

You obviously care a lot for the people around you otherwise you wouldn't feel disgraced. Well done for taking the hardest step of all. We're all here for you
Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome.

I feel guilt ridden, ashamed and a waste of space. Oh how I know THOSE feelings.
You are not those things, your behaviour whilst under the influence might well have been crap, but you yourself are not.

During my many times of stopping drinking, it was exactly those feelings that would motivate me to stop.

Well done on day 2!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been there, too, and my advice is don't let it stop you for getting well and beginning to recover. You are worth it!