Notices

Day Two

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Two

The weekend is behind me. I slept fitfully, tossing and turning, vivid technicolor dreams of murderous dogs, secret agents dampening the sheets. My DH works away from home most of the week, in a way, it's better this way, I can work through all this alone, forcing me to be introspective. Making me feel. Making me do the work.

The kids will keep me busy in the mornings and after work. During work hours my life isn't my own and my job is so fast paced there is no time to think about anything except work.

It's the moments after the kids go to bed when I am curled up on the couch watching my favorite shows or a movie that will be the hardest. My hand curls reflexively around an invisible wine glass, the mug that has replaced it is heavier, warmer and my mind knows the difference and wants to reject it.

Thankfully the weather is getting warmer and the furbeans are getting anxious to begin their nightly jaunts through the woods again. Maybe I'll take up Yoga again, too.

I know I have to fill my drinking hours with something else. I just hope what I choose will be enough.

It has to be enough.

I'm ready to find myself.

I hope you ALL have a GREAT day. In my neck of the woods the sun is out and the air is redolent with lilac and salt. It bodes well as an omen.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

HUGE hugs to ALL of you for being here for me. Maybe one day I can return the favor to someone!!

Peace.
WMWS
Old 05-17-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes we can do this! This morning I am having bad cravings, but I decided to open up my laptop and log in. This helps alot.......The time that I've gone sober 2 to 3 weeks, has been because of this site. The minute I start to lack I start to insanely drink again. Last Monday morning was my last drink.....I'm still hanging in there.....So yes we can do this!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(( hugs ))

I just logged on myself because I was sitting at my desk planning the weekend and the thought of an ice cold Pinot Grigio popped in to my head and I literally ached with longing at the thought of never again having a glass.