My poor son...

Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My poor son...

So today as with most everday, my 5 year old son called his dad, I knew almost immediately he was drunk and should have had him say goodbye then, but he talked for a few minutes, every thing was fine until he asked my son if he wanted to stay the night next weekend and I said no that he could only go over for two hours, then he started to call me every name under the sun, right on speaker phone with my son, WOW, WTF, then came the blaming crap, but it is so funny how when he is sober it is such a sad situation and he would do anything to get us back and blah, blah, blah, but once he has his liquid balls, he kicked me out and I am the b--ch, and so on and so forth. I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW, but this will pass in a while and then I will say to myself, this is why you left finally!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry, somehow this was posted twice!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shield him as much and as often as you can. You'll be so grateful knowing you did. And as difficult as it can be sometimes - don't let your son hear you vent.

I'm saying this from experience. I split from my AH when my youngest was 13, and never a day goes by that I am not grateful for doing so and salvaging some of my son's youth. He's got good memories now to carry with him into adulthood.