Notices

back again for the 106,720, 841, 611 time.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

back again for the 106,720, 841, 611 time.

Well we all know the story and there's nothing new. I fell in with the party heads at work. Go out and get drunk and act fool and all I have is a bad hangover a empty wallet and embarrassing memories to remind me of hoew stupid I act when I drink.

I've gotta knock this ******** out because all I'm doing is slowing killing myself and watching myself far apart. I'm going to be going to Truck driving school in June and will soon be on the road all the time. Which for me I think might be good for me to do for a while. I'm smart enough to know I wont drink a drop and get behind the wheel of one of these big rigs. And when I park somewhere I'll probably be to tired from driving for 11 hoours to want to drink and driving long distances with hangovers for me is a big no.

Anyway maybe this can finally be the time to stop drinking the 106,720, 841, 611 times a charm right?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back mate

I have to ask tho - what are you planning to do different this 106,720, 841, 611st time Bard?

D
Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My brother is a trucker- he saw a psychologist and worked out as much as he could when he was on the road for months at a time- please take care of you! You CAN do it!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back mate

I have to ask tho - what are you planning to do different this 106,720, 841, 611st time Bard?

D
I don't know, throw me out a few suggestions. Because the just put the beer down and go to a meeting advice hasn't quite work for me in the past.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

These links are a good start - not just AA in there
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html

Other people have tried counselling, inpatient or outpatient rehab...the choices are pretty much limited to how much work you want to put into looking for them, Bard

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions here.

D
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Inpatient is out of the question and I highly doubt my insurance will pick up the tab for outpatient. As I said I think life on the road for a while would help me a lot. But if I have anymore nights like I did last night that may not happen. I don't even remember driving home, I just thank God I got me and my truck back here in one piece and didn't hit anyone in the process. But either way the trucking industry really looks down on DWI's and I'll blow all before I even have the chance to start.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just a thought: how about getting an inexpensive laptop so that you can stay connected to SR while you're traveling?

For me, identifying my triggers is important, too.

Glad you came back!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I already plan on getting a lap top for internet and emails plus to also watch movies and play a few games on when I have down time.

As for triggers hell anything sets those off. Good days bad days the sun came up and the grass is still green is enough to get me going. One problem I made was hanging out with the partiers from work even when I told myself I wouldn't. But what can I say? I speak that language and tend to fit right in with them. When I got this job a year ago I told myself I wouldn't do that but I felt like I was either going to be that guy who keeps to himself and doesn't talk to anyone or at least make a few friends around there. Though the funny thing is I've only gone out drinking a couple times with the guys from work in the year since I've been there.

But just talking about it and listening to them talk is enough to make me practically start drooling at the mouth and when it's time to clock out I'm heading straight out to the gas station after work. And that's one reason I'm looking foward to getting out of there and hitting the road. Maybe the best thing for me to doo is spend a year or so keeping myself to busy and living life on the road to hope that that will help keep my head fastend on. Becasue as it stands my two worst enemies are the heads at work and to much idle free time on my hands to dwell on drinking!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back i remeber you:-)

I got a new suggestion, go to AA and announce on the first day that you aren't into this meeting stuff but someone told you that AA has steps to getting sober and you want to get recovered...but you aren't gonn be hitting like 5 meetings a week hanging onto them like some crazy person trying not to drink...

Hopefully you will get a proper recovered alcoholic who will pick up on this, agree with you and show you how to get sober:-)

Or you can just put the drink down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and staaaartt all over again...wheres that song from?

Anyways good to see you back!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm going with what yeahgr8 says because I know there are people out there like you that have said the same thing, like me for instance.

I'm not trying to knock you but I have to throw this question out there to you, how well is YOUR WAY working for you? I used to doubt the program, think it was ridiculous but I had to submit to "how can so many people be wrong, and I'm right?"

As well, check your insurance, call a treatment center and tell them what you'd like to check into, they'll find out what your policy will cover because that money pays their bills, they will find out if you're covered in any way.

I really encourage you to try something different, take some suggestions. I do wish you the best and hope that whatever you find works for you. Good luck!!