don't know what to do

Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

don't know what to do

Right this is kinda off topic but not.

I am really struggling at the moment in terms of getting a job due to a criminal record that i got whilst with my exabf.

Idiot me took the blame for the damage he caused in a hotel we stayed one night,don't ask me why i done it i was just very stupid and loyal to him at that time.

I have just recieved an interview for a job at a hospital and would love to go for it but due to my criminal record i am embarrased and scared.It isnt just my criminal record,i have no passport because he ripped it up and burnt it so i have no form of identification to prove who i am and he also has my birth certificate which is not possible to get back off him.

With everything that has happened i am even too scared to go for a job that doesnt require a criminal record check because of how low and insecure i feel.

I am fed up and i just want to move on with my life but really don't know how to.

He has basically taken away my identity,along with my confidence and it is depressing the life out of me.

Did anybody that has left their a's who were not working feel scared to go out there in the big bad world and get thier lifes back on track? And if you eventually did how did you do it? Also anyone got a criminal record and has had to declare it for certain jobs and how did you go about this?

Sorry if it sounds cheeky to ask that but i just need some advice from someone who has been there and i guess just a little bit of motivation.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

You're in the UK? Well, you have options!!

I have no advice about the criminal record thing - except don't lie about it, you will get caught - but I do know you can get a copy of your birth certificate from Registration Services - Certificate Ordering Service and you can always re apply for a passport.

Take things one step at a time.

You could go to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau (Citizens Advice - the charity for your community) for advice on your identification paperwork and your local Job Centre Plus (Find a job now : Directgov - Employment) for specific advice on employment.

If jumping straight into work has you scared, could you afford to do a bit of voluntary work first? This would get you out and about and used to working again and give you some good, up to date skills to put on your CV. There is also employment advice on the Learn Direct website: learndirect | Online College and Business Courses - Distance Learning at Home as well as details of courses if you're interested in training/retraining.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankyou bookwrm much appreciated xx