Notices

problem

Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

problem

i been useing for 2 years nd i cant seem to quit ifeel like **** if i dont take them. some help i been having problem s with my family b/c i need these damn pills. it feels like the world is going to end if dont take rhem. i would do anything to get them i even been stealing from my family. any advice
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. Have you spoken with a Dr. yet? Depending on what type pills they are.....medical detox might be needed. Best thing would be to seek out a medical professional, be honest with them about your using, and say that you need help. Also, this is a great place for support. There are also recovery programs (such as NA) that can help.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome zr - I think you are taking the first step: admitting you are an addict and can't control it anymore. I imagine your family is aware you have a problem. They may be willing to help you if you really want help. Otherwise, it would be best if you talk to a doctor so that you have the kind of help that you need to get off the pills. It's really hard to summons the courage ask for that kind of help, but it may save your life. And it's actually a kind of relief to give up the fight. :ghug3
Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi zreiqat1

It does often feel like the world will end - but that's just fear talking.

There are thousands of us here who've got new and vastly improved lives through recovery from addiction.

I've never regretted my decision to quit

Ang's advice is good - do see a Dr, and do think about checking out some reallife support groups like NA/AA...it can be hard going at times - most of us find we need all the support we can get.

And of course keep posting here - lots of encouragement and support here too.

We also have a substance abuse forum here you may like to check out
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D