Notices

12 days!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 days!

It's been 12 days since I've had a drink and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm trying to take it easy and relax these first couple weeks, and get to meetings when I can. Going to one tomorrow night and I ordered a copy of the Big Book online (lost the copy I got last year Have the occasional craving, like today I daydreamed for awhile about just going to the bar down the street and seeing what happens. But I thought about all the bad consequences and feelings that would come from it and decided it wasn't worth it. Went out to a bar with people over the weekend and just drank diet cokes and was fine. It's easier to do a couple weeks like this, since I've done it a bunch of times over the past year... what I have to figure out is how to get through when it gets to about a month, I'm feeling really good about myself and start "planning" to celebrate by drinking. That's what kept getting me the last few times I tried this. I just need to keep the consequences in mind and deciding if it's worth it. (which I know from experience, it's definitely not worth it!)

Thanks....
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, db. Congratulations.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one on 12 days Sober!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear that 'bears. Well done