Notices

Day 2 what to do?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Exclamation Day 2 what to do?

I know I have A LOT to do, I dont have the distractions of my first day w/ no alcohol as I had yesterday w/ mothes day which helped.

I still feel good, I just had a WOMDERFUL interview, think I nailed it, PRAY I got it.

I am feeling a lot of back pain creeping in today but know it may be additional "rebound" or "phantom" pain and my body screaming out for the narcotics. My back was where the issue started so thats where its trying to get me.

I am going to listen to my body. It hurts but that doesnt mean I need to get high. I am going to try an Ibuprofien (sp?) the 800 mg one, it helped before and I know I cant take those long term for the effects it can have on my liver but who am I kidding just over a week ago I was shooting oc's and roxies into my arm and drining hard core at the same time and never worried about my liver and now Im worried about my liver HA funny how it works Huh?

I gues my clear thinking is worried abnout me and I am in pain but I know if I do something today besides my normal "sick" me routine and sit or lay on the couch all day (beofre the meeting tonight I am looking forward to at 7:30) but I know if I lay around I will hurt even more but if I walk do thinkg I REALLY need to do for my wonderful husband and daughter I NEED TO DO around the house, my back is going to hurt the same and maybe even feel better but I dont know b/c I havent done that consistantly or like i need to for at least a good year. So I will reast a little them gett my ass moving and do my best.

I am not scare of using or driniing right now but I hate this pain it even hurts my back to sit up here and type and I know a couple muscle relaxers and beers would loosen these sore muscles and make me feel good enough to put a needle in my arm. Thats how it goes SO IT IS NOT AN OPTION for me.

I lost that oppertunity when I crossed that line.

Oh weel just checking in and letting you guys know where I am at. Maybe some prater and doing what I can today and listening to my body and not overdoing it will be what I need. I am an all or nothing person (as I think most of us addiocs are) but I must learn balance with my life and body, and moderation in ALL areas, so i will practice that today, and of course to my SR family ANY other suggestions are welcome especially from those (that I know there are tons of you on here) that originally got hooked b/c of chronic pain, major surgeries, back issues that are legitimate and at times debilitating.

I would love suggestions from you all.

Thanks guys.

<3 Dreams (of staying sober through day 2, and so far so good

tyou:ghug3
Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Congratulations, Clean.

Hang in there...hope you get the job.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

I had the same back pain day 2 and 3 of going sober. I would sit with a heating pad on my back for a while, get up and do some household chores as long as I could stand to be up and then sit back again with the heating pad. It will go away, almost magically, but in the meantime that back pain really sucks! Hang in there, once it passes you'll feel SO much like the real you again, even more so than now. Congrats on making it into day 2! Awesome!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep at it, you can do this