Notices

Not doing to good

Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not doing to good

Hey all

Not been on for a few weeks, since my first post, guessing now that was a mistake.

I was doing great not drinking and then some how last week it all went wrong, I decided I could just have one drink, which I did, then the next night it was 2, and then 4, I am sure you get the picture.

I feel pretty messed up right now, I am very disappointed in myself.

Anyway its really early I have been lay in bed awake most of the night convincing myself I am going to die and then I remebered about this sight and thought a confession might kick me into shape.

Thanks
Bexs xxx
Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Bexs

Yeah it's a great site...but only if you use it
I've been in your shoes many a time...you can learn from yr mistakes and move on.

What's done is done - just look at what you could have done better and then get back on the horse, y'know?

D
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back (((Bexs))

Yes, SR DOES help a lot, but I know when I went back "out there", this was the last place I came to.

Hope you plan to stick around, now

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-09-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Bexs - good to meet you. As they say in AA, this thing is "cunning, baffling and powerful." Glad you had the courage to come back. :ghug3
Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I am sorry to hear that but look you didnt die you have a long road, but another chance to get back what you already achieved and know you can do again.

you know we have your back....
(I am sooo happy to be a part of this we again, although I am only on day 1 I already feel so welcome back to SR after 5 years, i am elated, as if you cant tell and grateful to you all, I CAN NOT DO THIS without all of you, and you bexs, i need you, please stick around.....
You'll get through this, take it as a learning lesson and move forward!
<3 Dreams
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's how it goes now and then.
l thought l could have one and now l am hyperventilating and feel bad.
As if l didn't know that would happen...
Wish you the best and hope you "get well' soon.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Yep - been there done that lots!

The good thing is you're her and posting again. Don't beat yourself up about it - just get on and do what needs to be done.

Good luck!

Stu.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Been there too lots, just do the next right thing and stick with the winners, don't beat yourself up, whats done is done and never has to happen again, one day at a time

Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

FAITH
Faith produces action and fruit. Doubt destroys and plucks out your faith. You may face many trials and tribulations and in those times you must hold true to your faith and the promises of GOd no matter how bleak the situation may be. - The GOD we serve is faithful. - these situations build character and u will come out of this situation refined, reformed and most of all redeemed. - The LORD of Hosts is calling u to stay faithful and committed. To stay the cource, to work the plan and to keep your heart and mind pure. - We must finish strong, we must finish the path HE has set for us despite the bumps in the road. - To do this we nust elminate all seeds of doubt by becomming solidly rooted in the confidence that GOD is faithful! - We must remember HIS promises by meditating on HIS word. We ggrow our faith through HIS wod daily. - Psalm 41 v 12 tells us that the FATHER is always present with HIS children. - This assures us that we are not alone in our battles, challenges and setbacks. - Choose to believe GOD for HIS promises; HE has a great track record from creation to present. - Human nature alone makes us Vulnerable todoubt.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bexs - Glad you are back. As I usually say, pick up, dust off and go again. Learn from what happened and understand what you will differently this time. Keep with the support as I relapsed just like you thinking I could have just one.

I think almost all of us have been there. You know what to do and don't forget that recovery my friend is all about one day at a time. Sometimes simply minutes to minutes.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bexs, you survived and had the good sense to come back here. Now you have to take the bull by the horns and tackle this one day at a time. Many of the people here who now have months or years of sobriety fell off the horse a time or two, but their inner strength is helping them conquer these chemical demons. You have it, too, every bit as much. I never thought I had that power but I do. We all do.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

If I could have one wish for alcoholics, it would be for them to react only with compassion toward their slips. I mean, to hate yourself for falling off the wagon is like hating yourself for letting Muhammad Ali get in a punch after having the courage to get in the ring with him at all. I know we've all been taught, by an ignorant world, that our problem is our fault, but how could it be? Who would choose this? Some of us get saddled with a great burden (God's way of giving us extra credit work in the classroom of life, IMO) and we can only play the hand we are dealt. In a battle of this magnitude, you are likely to get a few scrapes.

There's a famous saying, "It's not by our falls that we should measure ourselves, but by how we get back up and keep trying." Let everyone with this problem measure themselves by THOSE criteria, and to hell with anyone who calls us weak. What do they know? What do they know at all?

Rev
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was at a meeting the other day, and a guy with 30 years' sobriety said that his focus was on the fact that he hadn't had a drink that day. He said that anybody else who hadn't had a drink that day was doing just as well as he was on the main point of the program: don't drink today. I have a whole 5 days of sobriety; I guess you have one; he has thousands - but we're all succeeding today as long as we don't drink. That's what he said.