he's been playing music all night long...

Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

he's been playing music all night long...

and singing all drunkenly...its like 4:30am here....im so tired...but he doesn't care...i have to go up to school tomorrow at 8am...im so pissed...

Sorry really just needed some place to vent...lol...will write more later..just dont want him to come over here
Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh and its not actually playing...its watching videos on youtube...
Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

I am so sorry for what hearing from you. I am alcoholics and I've done a lot of such annoying things to my family.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine always watches the TV VERY loud when he's been drinking - disrupting my sleep - and like you I'm the one who gets up early in the morning for work. I feel your pain on this one!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Mentally, My brother has hearing problem when he drank. Yours might also have that.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Emerald, in sport stores they sell ear plugs which may be handy, although of course you may not hear the alarm clock.

Have you expressed you are annoyed?

My ex also had dark metal/gothic stuff very loudly going on ALL sunday while he slept the booze off. I recall laying there next to him for hooooooooooooooooours.

Then he kind of woke up and asked "dont you have anything else to do?"

I should have said "Yes. Bye" and never returned! instead I stayed there for many more hours. And had NOTHING for breakfast, or lunch..

The sun was shining outside. But there I was in his dark room listening to dramatic, passive agressive lyrics, watching his anime posters and drawings depicting monsters torturing women. While- he didn't even WANT me to be there. Yet I stayed. What a perfect analogy for alcoholism. What a waste of MY life.

The sun was still shining outside and now my rooms have light, there is a selenite lamp I bought which has a very soothing vibe to it. I got a small fountain so I sleep to the sound of flowing water. If I need music I play romantic pop songs (the good romantic songs, that celebrate love, friendship, not the 'am nothing without you' type) or lounge music, or new age. And I eat whenever I am hungry, I am also well known for assaulting the fridge for a piece of lemon pie at 3 am when I am working late. The only picture hanging in my apartment is a poster thay says "Every day is a turning point. Change is coming. Is it coming to you?" by Dr Phil.

Often I sleep hugging my cats, or using one of them as a pillow. Or I wake up to find one cat sleeping on my tummy, or both of them sleeping just next to me

May HP bring you clarity, bravery, honesty and many nights of good sleep in the future. Trouble with sleeping causes wrinkles!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WOW... I'm a codependant who was reminded of nights my kids would be awoken by loud music after last call EVERYWHERE... when the party with my A came back HERE.

They seem to really lose all sense of hearing when intoxicated. Couldn't even quiet him for my kids' school nights. I should have sent him packing long time ago...

Guilty as charged, and sorry for it.
HUGS,
Kim
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I remember those nights well. Music blaring barely drowning out the drunken babble.

My XABF didn't sing along so much as he had loud drunken conversations with the ghosts in his head. I'd have to wait until he passed out then go shut the music off to sleep.

He's out of my life now, and I have far more respect for myself and for my basic needs like stress-free sleep.

Put yourself first and put your foot down to such disrespectful behavior.

Alice
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I too, have dealt with this. Whether it's the TV blaring, music, or his group of friends he invites over at 2 or 3 am to drink more and play video games. He sets his own work schedule so he can sleep until whenever, where I have to be up at 7am or earlier depending on our children. He has kept me awake, waken up me and kids, etc. No respect for anyone but himself. The one night I finally took the kids and myself to a hotel. Of course that angered him. Can't seem to win.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Emerald, in sport stores they sell ear plugs which may be handy, although of course you may not hear the alarm clock.

Have you expressed you are annoyed?

My ex also had dark metal/gothic stuff very loudly going on ALL sunday while he slept the booze off. I recall laying there next to him for hooooooooooooooooours.

Then he kind of woke up and asked "dont you have anything else to do?"

I should have said "Yes. Bye" and never returned! instead I stayed there for many more hours. And had NOTHING for breakfast, or lunch..

The sun was shining outside. But there I was in his dark room listening to dramatic, passive agressive lyrics, watching his anime posters and drawings depicting monsters torturing women. While- he didn't even WANT me to be there. Yet I stayed. What a perfect analogy for alcoholism. What a waste of MY life.

The sun was still shining outside and now my rooms have light, there is a selenite lamp I bought which has a very soothing vibe to it. I got a small fountain so I sleep to the sound of flowing water. If I need music I play romantic pop songs (the good romantic songs, that celebrate love, friendship, not the 'am nothing without you' type) or lounge music, or new age. And I eat whenever I am hungry, I am also well known for assaulting the fridge for a piece of lemon pie at 3 am when I am working late. The only picture hanging in my apartment is a poster thay says "Every day is a turning point. Change is coming. Is it coming to you?" by Dr Phil.

Often I sleep hugging my cats, or using one of them as a pillow. Or I wake up to find one cat sleeping on my tummy, or both of them sleeping just next to me

May HP bring you clarity, bravery, honesty and many nights of good sleep in the future. Trouble with sleeping causes wrinkles!

HAHA

We sound SOOO alike!!! Dark room...no sunlight...feels like death...

It's good to know I'm not the only person in the world who is dealing/or has dealt with this. Thanks for replying!

I also love lounge music....hehe
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My XA did this too. He binged all weekend, so Friday nights were spent watching old DVD's of AC/DC, Foreigner, The Doors. Singing LOUDLY and talking to himself about me all night long.

I do NOT miss that, and I am SOOOO sorry you are going through this.

I am amazed at the thread of 'sameness' that runs through every A. They all seem to do the same stuff! I guess being drunk makes you deaf, and disrespectful to others who live in the home too. Narcissistic behavior at its finest.

((HUGS)) to you!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The volume on the TV at our house would slowly go up throughout the course of the night as the number of drinks went up. He'd pass out and I'd get up to turn off the TV, finally get to sleep only to be woken up by a belligerent a**h**** who was demanding why I turned it off. 'Uhh, you were passed out.'

I definitely don't miss it. I'm ashamed to admit it, but on my bad days, I take a sad sort of sadistic satisfaction that he's now doing this to his new codie GF.

Originally Posted by IamSaved View Post
I am amazed at the thread of 'sameness' that runs through every A. They all seem to do the same stuff! I guess being drunk makes you deaf, and disrespectful to others who live in the home too. Narcissistic behavior at its finest.
SR and Al-Anon are great tools that offer us reminders that we're not the only ones going through this, that we're not crazy, and that if we live with an A, we really can't expect a 'normal' way of life.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh, wow, and here I thought my AH was the only one who did that. In fact during Phase I of our alcoholic marriage (10 years) he did exactly what you're talking about, playing the stereo loudly and sitting out in the back, letting the dog just run around the neighborhood. I am so surprised the cops weren't called in those 10 years.

Then he had 6 years of sobriety, and by the time he relapsed, he had gotten older, and now, thank God he falls asleep at 11:00. No more obnoxious blaring of music at all hours of the night.

Thank God for small favors!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

mine did it too. so loud at all hours.

can you move out?

it is wonderful to sleep without worrying that he will burn the house down with his cigarettes or keep me awake with his loud music.

really, a decent night of sleep is a human right!

naive
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

still waiting for him to have an awakening and not want to drink anymore?

or have you just decided that it's ok now